close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Security Assist database file

Thread began 9/30/2009 6:17 pm by madelectrical386948 | Last modified 4/07/2011 8:23 am by Jason Byrnes | 12085 views | 38 replies |

madelectrical386948

Security Assist database file

Hi,

I have downloaded the security assist extension and I am looking for the correct database to use with this. Is there one already made? I am on the 2nd video and it shows selecting a user field and the blue sky database doesn't have that.
Do I have to make it, or is there a database for this training that I can use.

thx

Mike

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

If you go to your Download area and click on:
Solution Recipes: Support Files
You will find the files you need.

neil186288

It's really hard to find! In your downloads page, do you have a User Registration Solution Pack? I think they provide that when you buy the Security Assist Extension.

Downloading that will give you a zipped folder called 'UserRegistration100', and in that there is a Database folder that contains the Users.sql.

The Sql contains just one table (users) so you should presumably dump this in to your BlueSky database.

It would be easier to all if a copy of this were in the Data Assist support files. If you can't find it I'll provide you with it, but it should be there

neil186288

Office Guy, do you have an email address I can contact you on?

Forget it.

Office Guy-172461

It's better to use the one that comes with the extension you are using. The Solution files are located on the same page that you download the extension.

SecurityAssist: Solution Recipe Files (2,787 Kb)
A .zip file containing the databases and start and finish files for PHP, ASP-JS, ASP-VB and ColdFusion. Use these files to follow along with the User Level Authentication Solution Recipe on your own machine.

neil186288

Originally Said By: Office Guy-172461
  It's better to use the one that comes with the extension you are using. The Solution files are located on the same page that you download the extension.  

I don't think that the sql table that madelectrical is looking for is there. It contains the blue_sky_music.sql that he already has - (this doesn't have a 'users' table) - but not the User table that is in the video. I'm fairly sure it's in the User Resolution Solution Pack which has it's own section on the 'Your Account' 'Download Products' page. Perhaps the users.sql file could be included in the SecurityAssist download page sometime in the future?

madelectrical386948

You are correct Neil.

I have downloaded the files that you suggest Office Guy. The database doesn't have the user field, but the php files do not look like the video files. Different applications.

So to truly follow with the video, can I get the correct database and also the php files?

thx

Mike

madelectrical386948

Sorry about the 2nd post.

Neil, I tried looking for the UserRegistration100, and I can't find it.
I have looked for it thru the securityassist area and just thru downloads when I get on.
Any other ideas?

thx

Mike

neil186288

Hiy madelectrical,

That's odd. Do you have the 'User Registration Solution Pack' showing on your 'Download Products' ( downloadcenter.php ) page?

If so:

click that - and then on the next page - click the 'User Registration Solution Pack' (again) and download the 'Complete Files' . When you unzip that, you will have the folder 'UserRegistration100'. Inside that there is a folder called 'Database', and finally, inside that is a 'users.sql' file. As far as I know, - and I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong - this is the closest you'll come to the file you need in the resources you've (we've) been given.

If not: (and this should have happened earlier - I apologise) this is it:

CREATE TABLE `users` (
`UserID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`UserEmail` varchar(500) default NULL,
`UserPassword` varchar(500) default NULL,
`UserFirstName` varchar(50) default NULL,
`UserLastName` varchar(50) default NULL,
`UserCity` varchar(90) default NULL,
`UserState` varchar(20) default NULL,
`UserZip` varchar(12) default NULL,
`UserEmailVerified` tinyint(1) default '0',
`UserRegistrationDate` timestamp NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
`UserVerificationCode` varchar(20) default NULL,
`UserIP` varchar(50) default NULL,
`UserPhone` varchar(20) default NULL,
`UserFax` varchar(20) default NULL,
`UserCountry` varchar(20) default NULL,
`UserAddress` varchar(100) default NULL,
`UserAddress2` varchar(50) default NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`UserID`)
)

Copy that code into a plaintext (Notepad?) file and save it as users.sql

Or just paste the code into the SQL query area in your mySql (i do it via phpMyAdmin) in your blue sky database.

You may need to adjust the sql a little bit, but that would be easy to do, and I think it's pretty much up to what is required for the tutorial.

Hope this helps.

Neil H

PS Have also put the User Registration zip file: here LINK REMOVED BY Jason Byrnes

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Neil, Please do not post links to the Source files for the solution packs in a public forum such as this. This violates the EULA.

The support files in the Download center are for the User Level Authentication Solution recipe. The Getting started using Security Assist recipe doesn't have any pages or a database that go along with it.

The first part of the recipe has you run the Security Assist wizard to create your pages. You can use the Blue Sky Music database which contains a visitors table to use.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...