close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

WAFB_AddForm error

Thread began 9/29/2009 3:50 am by palmtek | Last modified 10/13/2009 3:06 pm by Eric Mittman | 3084 views | 5 replies |

palmtek

WAFB_AddForm error

While starting the extension I get the error:

While executing onLoad in WAFB_AddForm.htm, the following error(s) occured:
In File "WAFB_AddForm":
initializeUI is not defined

I removed and reinstalled the extension and the patch files.

What next?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

This looks like it may be an issue with the .dat cache file that is located in the config folder. Here is a link to a good troubleshooting page that contains info on deleting it in an attempt to get past the error.

146/

Please give this a try and let us know if the problems persist.

palmtek

Yep, Dead DAT strikes again!

Thanks that healed it. I should have tried that already.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to trash that thing.

- Cory

Eric Mittman

I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm not really sure what is the root cause of these troubles but it is something that seems to happen much more frequently in the latest versions of Dreamweaver. This is always a good thing to start with as it does not seem to have any negative affects.

john275907

delete winfilecache file

Thanks Eric for posting that tip. This is the second time I have had to delete this file in the past few months. Have not needed to worry about that since the old Ultra Dev days. Now with DW CS4 I find this version nowhere near as stable as previous versions with sudden intermittent crashes and issues with this winfilecachexxx.dat file.
Yesterday I spent many hrs getting familiar with CSS FB and built several forms - no probs. Then this morning it crashed after I worked on a new form. Uninsall/reinstall the Extn didnt fix it and I breathed a sigh of relief when I turned up this post.
Cheers !

Eric Mittman

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad this post helped you out. All of the credit should be directed at Office Guy, he put this troubleshooting doc together and put it online, I just post the links to it because it is so clean and thorough. Thanks Office Guy.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...