close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

My Website's .com doesnt seem to work

Thread began 8/23/2012 7:59 am by paracordthis441764 | Last modified 8/28/2012 1:36 pm by Jason Byrnes | 5795 views | 10 replies |

paracordthis441764

My Website's .com doesnt seem to work

So I will try and go through this as detailed as possible. I had my own .com, I later decided I wanted to try CafeCommerce. After about four days, I decided i wanted to use CafeCommerce as my domain hosting because I believe its the better way to go. Now, my site doesnt work as www.para-cordthis.com BUT still works as para-cordthis.mycafecommerce.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side topic, I am also having issues with the shipping. I want to set a BASE price for EVERy item. I know how much each item would cost to ship, so I don't need no automatic generating system through USPS but it still makes me use it and when I try and use their system, it says its gonna cost 16 dollars to ship something I know ships for 1.95

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

i am able to browse to your site using the www.para-cordthis.com address. It seams to be working when i test this?

for the shipping issue, you can set the shipping provider to Custom in your shipping rule to by pass one of the shipping rate lookup providers, and set the max weight to large number like 10000

paracordthis

Regarding www.para-cordthis.com

It says the site is temporarily unavaible when I try going to my .com. As for the shipping, I am going to try that! Thank you (Edit!) .com seems to work now! THanks!

paracordthis

I tried testing purchases, and I recieved this

This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow.

paracordthis

issues

So besides having the purchasing issue, I also have a question on how to link the google Analytics store. No Analytics accounts were found for your linked Google account.
Please sign up for a free analytics account then refresh this page is what it says, but I do have an account set up..I do thank you for your time

paracordthis

Issues

So yes, overall my only issues I am having now is paypal is giving me a hard time. its stating

This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow.

Return to merchant
At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to and try another option.

-----
My other issue also is my analytics account. It doesnt seem to work at all.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The error on checkout means that you have not entered the correct information for connecting to your gateway.

re you using PayPal Pro for your gateway? If so, make sure that you have the correct API Details entered.

see the following for details on signing up for a PayP{al Payments pro account and obtaining API Information:
signup_paypal.php

in the Google Anylitics account, do you have data sharing set to Other Google products only? This will prevent cafe commerce from being able to connect to it.

paracordthis

I have paypal payments standard. For the Business. As for the correct information..I plugged in my login information where it asked and still it doesnt seem to work

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The API Username password and signature to enter are not the same as you account login to login to paypal. In your paypal account, you need to sign up for the API Credentials, this will generate an API USername, Password and signature that you use in the sttings of Cafe Commerce.

if you need more details on signing up for an API account with paypal, you should contact paypal support

paracordthis

Hey! Everything is fixed and working. I can't thank you enough Jason. I do have TWO last questions.

1. Is there a way to stop someone from having to sign in/register to shop?

2. I have a google analytics set up, tried getting it to link to cafe commerce and it says No Analytics accounts were found for your linked Google account.
Please sign up for a free analytics account then refresh this page (But I am signed up, so..curious, is there a tutorial video or something?)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...