close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SecurityAssist + PayPal

Thread began 8/04/2009 8:47 am by vito374252 | Last modified 8/06/2009 11:27 am by Eric Mittman | 2500 views | 3 replies |

vito374252

SecurityAssist + PayPal

Hello, I need to create a membership subscription website. I managed to setup login system using SecurityAssist and now I am wondering how could I add PayPal subscription button so that visitors need to pay first before their account is created with SecurityAssist.

Thanks! Vito

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You could do this with the PayPal subscription buttons in the PayPal eCommerce Toolkit. You could use Security Assist to setup the user login, registration and profile update pages. You will want to have an extra column in your users table to indicate if they are allowed, and columns for the start and end dates for the subscription.

When you implement this you would have the subscription button on the profile page so the user can activate their account by completing the subscription. To activate the subscription you will need to implement an IPN page that will listen for the response from PayPal regarding the transaction. When it comes back to the IPN page as successful you can update the user's profile to indicate that they are active and insert the start and end dates of the subscription. After this the user can come back to the site and login and will be active.

It is common to have an email sent from this IPN page when the transaction is approved to alert the user that their account is active. You can do this with a mail script or by using a tool like our Universal Email.

vito374252

Thanks Eric. I will try to do that.

Eric Mittman

When it comes to implementing an IPN based solution it can be difficult to test the IPN page you craft. To help with this you should visit the PayPal developer center and look for there IPN testing area, from here you can post test cases to your IPN page to ensure it is working correctly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...