close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Order History not saving From Ecart

Thread began 8/03/2009 1:52 pm by bjutaski295451 | Last modified 8/04/2009 10:38 am by Jason Byrnes | 3511 views | 4 replies |

bjutaski295451

Order History not saving From Ecart

I need help, these extensions are great but they have so many little issues that add up and make me want to throw my computer out the window. If someone makes a purchase on my site and they login to there account they can only see 1 item bought from there shopping cart, therefore if they by 5 things it only looks like they bought 1. Where is the problem, within the database? in Ecart? DataAssist? i use purely PHP and any guidance would be much valued.

Brian

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

On the order history page, do you have a Repeat Region around the record Display so it will loop through the recordset?

To display all of the records returned from the orders table for the selected user, add a repeat region behavior where you are displaying the order information.

jon_upton

I had this yesterday...

it looked like only the first item was being shown from the cart I removed the add to cart behaviour and reapplied it and it fixed the issue.

regards

Jon

bjutaski295451

ahhh

nay, if i look up the orders table in the database in information being stored is only the first item in there shopping cart, not every item they purchased. A repeat region wouldn't repeat anything because of the records being stored.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In eCart, there are two server behaviors used to store order information.

Store Order Summary - This is used to store a record in the Orders table with information about who placed the order, billing address, where is should ship to, shipping cost and total amount. On the first page of the store order summary, in the Session Variable section, you select the Primary key column to create a session variable with the ID of the order summary inserted into the database.

Store Order Details - This is used to store a record in the order Details table for each line item in the cart.

You order details table should have a column which is a foreign key relationship to the primary key column in orders table, you bind this column to the session variable created by the Store order Summary server behavior.

it sounds to me like you are using the Store order Summary behavior only. See Step 15 on page 57 - Step 22 on page 62 of the eCart Getting Started Guide for more information on setting up the Store Order Information and Store Order Summary behaviors.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...