close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Password Encryption

Thread began 9/22/2011 3:42 pm by jam396972 | Last modified 9/26/2011 11:33 am by Jason Byrnes | 2361 views | 6 replies |

jam396972

Password Encryption

I am trying to follow the tutorial movies for password encryption. I am using SA ver 1.1.9 and am using the archived movie set. The steps seem simple to follow and my changes seem to correspond with the instructions, yet after 5 tries now, I keep getting the following error messages for my login page:

Warning: require_once(../WA_SecurityAssist/WA_SHA1Encryption.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\guitar-tables\contman\Admin_LogIn.php on line 1

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../WA_SecurityAssist/WA_SHA1Encryption.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\guitar-tables\contman\Admin_LogIn.php on line 1

I have similar errors on the other pages (registration, etc.) These pages were functioning fine prior to my encryption attempts. I do not see the file, WA_SHA1Encryption.php, in my WA_SecurityAssist subdirectory and yet it is "required_once" on all the affected pages. Is it supposed to be created while going through the encryption process? If so, I have not seen it after any of my tries. Again, I'm at a total loss as to what I am doing wrong. I feel like I am never going to get through this process. And I still have several steps to go.

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

jam396972

Missing WA_SH1Encryption.php

I finally found a forum thread addressing the missing WA_SHA1Encryption.php file. I am attaching the file here for anyone who may be encountering this issue. I spent so many hours redoing all the pages through the encryption process thinking I must be doing something wrong. It seems like it's a bug. I hope things will start working now.

Attached Files
WA_SHA1Encryption.php.zip

jam396972

Change Password and Send Email Problems

Jason,
Regarding this Email Password issue, I have received several emails from Hostmonster trying to get the email server to work. They confirmed that I could use either port 25 or 26. Their other response was:

"There are still more settings you need to configure before you can send mail besides those (the options we get through the wizard). Our SMTP server does Not allow anyone to connect and send email. You have to authenticate into the SMTP server with a username and password.

The Username will be one of your email addresses, let say:
User: admin@guitar-tables.com (used this email for return path)
Pass: (the password for the admin@guitar-tables.com email address)

That would then allow our SMTP system to send mail. You have to set it to authenticate. If you could provide All of the configuration settings, perhaps we could help you get them all configured properly."

Where or how do I authenticate my information with the account password?

On another issue - the Change Password page, it now seems to be working, but it only allows one change. If I try to change the account password again, it doesn't change. I have tried still being logged on and after logging off and re-login. Is this normal? Can the account password only be changed once?

Thank you for any direction on these issues.

jam396972

SMTP authenticate

This post has been deleted.

jam396972

Email server & Forgot Password

Jason,
Can you provide more direction or a tutorial link for the following thread:
showthread.php?t=22401

Can I get the EmailPW.php page to work if my host is Hostmonster and needs SMTP authentication or do I need to go about this a different way? If so, how?

Thank you.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Security Assist 1 will not work with SMTP servers that require authentication. The Email Password Server Behavior of Security Assist 1 uses the php mail() function which does not support sending a user name or password to the SMTP server.

Security Assist 2 has been updated to allow using either the PHP mail() method or using Pear Mail for SMTP which does support authenticating with the SMTP server.

jam396972

Email authentication

Jason,
Do you have any suggestions on what to do. I have CS3 which, as you have pointed out to me during a ticket session, is not compatible with SA2. I have just received my refund for SA2. I can not afford to upgrade to CS5 right now. How can I bypass this issue? There must be a way to accommodate customers if they forgot their password. You have mentioned creating a form in the following thread using PEAR:

showthread.php?t=22401

Any suggestions???? The tutorial movies I have been watching (and the pdf tutorials) include SMTP in them. The movies were under the Archived section specific, as you mentioned in our ticket session, to SA1. I do not understand this at all!!! How was this issue addressed before the existance of SA2? I have Universal Email and it does have an option of PEAR mail with authentication fields. Can I somehow utilize this?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I started a ticket for your other checkout page issue, I will work with you on this problem in that ticket as well.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...