close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Database not populated

Thread began 4/01/2011 3:15 am by mikelally319342 | Last modified 4/13/2011 2:04 pm by Jason Byrnes | 6391 views | 11 replies |

mikelally319342

Database not populated

I created a basic customised form with CSS Form Builder. I created a matching database in mysql and set-up a working connection. I followed guidelines on binding the database to the form. When I submit the details on the form, the database adds a new entry with an 'id', but no data comes into the rest of the fields from the submitted form - can you help?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of the page in a zip archive so i can examine the code.

mikelally319342

Jason, I think I sorted it. In the Server Bahaviours panel - Security Assist - insert record, I was presented in step 2 of 2 with an option to select from two forms- these are little rectungular box with red form borders- one was a WA Validation Form which contained all the validated fields and the other the standard Dreamweaver Form. I clicked on the Dreamweaver Form option and selected the various fields and this now populates my database when I submit via the browser.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

ok, glad to hear it is working.

mikelally319342

How to link Log-in page to mysql database

I've now created a registration page using CSS Form Builder and this populates my mysql database. I have also created a 'log-in page' using CSS Form Builder. My question is how do I link this 'log-in page' to my database, so that it only allows users in the 'database users table' to access certain pages in the site. I've built a registration scheme with Security Assist, but CSS Form Builder offers me more options and prebuilt validation - Mike

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add the security assist authenticate user server behavior to the login page.

open the server behaviors panel (Window -> Server Behaviors) Click the plus button and select Security Assist -> Authenticate User.

mikelally319342

Jason, Thanks for that - the log in works. I can direct it a log-in stage to the Registration page or a copy of it if needed, but how do I populate it with their data so they can edit it if they wish?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you should run the security assist wizard to create security assist registration, login, uuser profile pages, then examine how they are created to get an idea of how to recreate the functionality.

the user profile page uses a recordset that is filtered on the user id session variable created by the login page.

if you need specifics on how to create the recordset, refer to the profile page created by the wizard.

cherry8723424721

Photo Upload

Hi Everyone:

I just bought the CSS Form Builder for my Dreamweaver CS5. I've created a page where end users will be able to upload their photos to their own profiles so that it can be later displayed for other members to see. I'm using a phpMyAdmin Database and everything is working fine EXCEPT that the photo doesn't upload to the Database.

The type of field I'm using in the Database is a BLOB MIME: image/jpeg (is this the right type?)

I'm using the extension WebAssist > File Manipulation > Upload.

If I upload the photo to a folder, it uploads well, but when uploading it to the database I get a message saying "column 'photo01' cannot be null".

Any ideas on how to solve this? Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The file should not be stored in the database.

The File Manipulation > Upload behavior cannot be used to store the file in the database, only upload the file to directory on the server.

you should store the file name in the database, not the file itself.

see the "How to apply Digital File Pro to DataAssist Insert and Update pages" Tutorial on the data assist support page for details:
dataassist/

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...