close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Powerstore 4

Thread began 9/27/2010 8:23 pm by Emma | Last modified 9/28/2010 7:00 am by Ray Borduin | 1577 views | 1 replies |

Emma

Powerstore 4

Hello WA, good job! I really like PS4. But unlike ps3. I could not edit it. I could not find the template. i do not know much about code. I use dreamweaver. I just want to change some of the looks- Like the width and rearrange some of the pages. Please a little light on my concern will be appreciated. How can i edit it? Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I can tell you how to do it, it should be enough to allow you to get started, but some of the more complex topics I'll discuss aren't supported for hand editing, and that is what I'm telling you how to do.

Having said that, here are a few tips on updating the look and feel of your site. First let me advise you should always create a new theme for any site if you will be editing the style in the admin area and saving it as a new theme. This is because it should allow you to update powerstore in the future without overwriting your theme so that you can carry your look and feel from version to version.

Now, when you go to the admin you will be able to select that theme from the admin design tab.

Then, in the folder named after your theme you will see a templates/ directory. It will contain two files: index.php.dwt, and page.php.dwt. (if you used Default it will also contain admin.php.dwt and install.php.dwt. ) Those are the two files that control the look and feel of the front end, site using the basic concepts of Framework builder to change the theme dynamically.

Most of the CSS for theme will be in the /css/[themename]_styles.css, a few form related styles may be located on /css/[themename]_forms.css. This isn't a requirement, it just happens to be what pages the two template pages I mentioned above use. They can be freely modified, moved, or replaced. Some basic structuring may be done in .css in the related /css/[pagename].css file, but those won't typically contain anything that can't be overwritten in the theme css file.

There is also a configurable.css file. This is the css file that is updated by the styler in the admin that allows you to create a new theme from there, so if you use these styles and classes, then when you are finished your new theme would even work when changing colors in the styler.

Diving in a little deeper, you could update the the theme_settings.xml file to add new templates for pages in your site, new css for the edit theme styler to expose, or images to allow update through admin.

Once you are done, take a screen shot of your theme in a browser, and copy over the preview.png file for full integration with the admin.

Sign in to reply to this post
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...