close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Inserting Photos

Thread began 9/01/2010 3:59 am by imcgrieves281848 | Last modified 9/16/2010 6:49 am by Jason Byrnes | 3566 views | 20 replies |

imcgrieves281848

Inserting Photos

Guys,
I have tried using the Insert Image option in the CMS but all it does is insert the name of the file onto the page.

To get this to work I had to go into the source and code the image as well as re size it outside the CMS. Once working you cannot see the images in edit mode only when the page is live.

This is not going to be possible for my customer.

Am I doing something wrong as inserting photos should be painless.

Ian

Sign in to reply to this post

imcgrieves281848

Update

Guys

It seems that when you insert a photo using the insert photo icon you get to Image Properties and on the Image Info the link gives two ' //' before the link.

If you remove one then the image comes into view and can be used. Very odd.

Ian

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the wa_settings table of the PowerGallery database, what is the PCMS Remote Root and the Image Upload folder set to?

imcgrieves281848

Where

Where is this folder please?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am asking the settings in the wa_settings table in the database.

you would need to use PHPMyAdmin or another MySQL GUI tool to access the database.

Then look in the wa_settings table.

imcgrieves281848

Mmmmm

Jason, I bought this CMS with the understanding it was usable by designers like me. I have managed to install it without much documentation and most of it works but dropping another level is unexpected. While I have seen phpMyadmin I have no idea how to access it from my site and indeed did not expect to have to do this.

Never mind. How do I reach phpmyadmin please?

Ian

imcgrieves281848

Update

J,

It seems my hosting company provides a link which I have found! I have even found the WA_Setting file! You asked for :

' what is the PCMS Remote Root and the Image Upload folder set to? '

What info exactly as there is quite a bit! In PCMS the 'value' is '/' and in Image upload folder the value is '//images'. Is this what you needed?

Ian

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Most hosts have a website control panel that you can log into to administer your hosting options.

In this control panel, the host should give access to a GUI tool like PHPMyAdmin that can be used to access the MySQL database.

If you need more specific instructions than that, you should contact the host.

The method for getting to the MySQL management tools is different from host to host.

imcgrieves281848

Update

J,

I tihnk I have answred your last comment. I will wait for you to get back to me now.

I

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

i think the image upload value is wrong. in my table, the image upload has no slashes in front of it

try changing that to "/images" or "images"

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...