close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Previews Not working (in any webassist product)

Thread began 5/17/2010 11:00 am by mick347109 | Last modified 6/16/2010 11:31 am by Eric Mittman | 3027 views | 10 replies |

mick347109

Previews Not working (in any webassist product)

Hi.

Im having a problem with previews not working in any of my webassist products.

I have done the 'rememdies' that have been listed on this forum (uninstalling all extensions, deleting cache, renaming configuration folder, reloading dw cs4, and only a single extension), nothing seems to resolve the problem

I am running DW CS4 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit,

Any ideas most welcome.

mick

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

This could be related to the User you are logged in under Windows 7 not having Admin permission.

Does the user you are logging in under have Admin user?

You can try installing the extensions by logging as the admin user and see if that resolve the issue.

mick347109

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I am an Administrator user on the PC and the software was all installed under this user.

Any other thoughts?

Mick

Dani Chankhour

OK, another thing we could try:

In Dreamweaver, under the Edit menu click the WebAssist Preferences... and then click Preview and then try checking the check box and click ok, and then check the preview and then try to uncheck the checkbox again and see if the preview is showing.

mick347109

Hi,

Still no preview. The only difference that makes, is that when the 'preview' box is ticked, i get a 'click here to open preview' message in the centre of the preview window. When its not ticked, the preview window in completely empty.

I have also just un-installed and reloaded DW CS4 to see if that made any difference, but it hasnt.

Mick

mick347109

Further Info

I have just installed the same dreamweaver and the form builder packages into an 'XP Mode' VM and the previews work, so there is nothing wrong with the packages themselves.

Mick

Dani Chankhour

It is definitely a user permission issue. As a test, can you create another admin user on your machine and see if you can get the preview work.

Also, are you able to export and import presets from Form Builder through the layout manager?

Ken Ang

preview not working on my 64bits win 7 as well

I am having the same problem as well, i think it has to do with the 64bits, i don't have problem on xp, or vista; someone please help

Eric Mittman

This seems to be a very similar setup to the one noted here. Do you have an administrator user that you can login with to test it out with? It seems that the issue can be related to permissions and the administrator user should be able to get the preview working. If this is the case for you then you may need to update your user to be an administrator level user. Please post back and let us know.

Ken Ang

i found the solution

go to the manu tag at webassist

webassist => preferences

you wil see "Preview"

just un-check the disable preview checkbox and you wil start to see preview again

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...