close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Add extra product images with powergallery

Thread began 3/24/2010 11:26 am by PimpMyHoodie | Last modified 3/29/2010 3:07 am by PimpMyHoodie | 2383 views | 6 replies |

PimpMyHoodie

Add extra product images with powergallery

Ok I have a feeling that I'm missing something here, and the answer is going to be simple, but I just can't figure out how to get PowerStore to display extra product images using PowerGallery...

I've installed a fresh copy of PowerGallery 110, all seems ok, and (as expected) I am presented with the below info for "Adding To PowerStore":

--
Add to PowerStore
To add this gallery to a PowerStore product, click the Source button on the Long Description field and paste the following code:

<input type="hidden" name="powergallery" id="1" theme="light" value="/home/mysite/public_html/PowerGallery110/galleries/ribbon_lightbox/index.php" />

Note: For this to work properly, you'll have to update a few PowerStore files. Refer to the Known Issues document in your PowerStore Download Center.
--

As the instructions suggest simply pasting the code where instructed does not work, as I need to update some powerstore files..

But where are they???..

There is no longer any mention of said integration problems in "PowerStore Download Center" > "Known issues", and I can't find any info anywhere!...

help please??

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

In PowerStore, you will need to click on the products update page for the product you want to add powergallery slide show, and then under the long description field, click the source button in the html editor and paste the code that was shown in PowerGallery, and then click the update button.

There is probably needs to be a little bit more of text, but if you have used powerstore admin area, it should have been clear where you need to go to make the update.

let me know if you have any questions.

PimpMyHoodie

Hi Dani, thank you for your reply, but that's exactly what I've already been doing!..

(As have many other people who have been having the same problem!!)

Can you check out this other post (below) and help us all at the same time in the same place...

showthread.php?t=11003&page=2

thanks.

Jimmy Wu

It is under the database integration in the PowerGallery download area:
productdownload.php?PID=292

Sorry, it was moved there because it makes more sense to have it in the PowerGallery download center. I will see about getting a link added to the PowerStore known issues to help alleviate the confusion.

PimpMyHoodie

update your literature

Jimmy, if it makes more sense to have it in the PowerGallery area that's fine.. (That does make sense) but you need to update your documentation.. you've been pointing me (and many others) towards help documentation that no longer exists in a certain location, which in effect is driving us all to these forums which is wasting our time and your time, when all you have to do is update your info... Which would leave you more time perhaps to deal with other problems, like my ticket regarding this STILL UNRESOLVED thread for example!!!!

showthread.php?t=11486

Please can you reply it's now been a WEEK and you've given me nothing (other than hide my complaint in a private thread!!!)!!!...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We have been asking you to update the private incidetn with your phone number so that we can call you and investigate this with you further. So far you haven't included contact information. Please update you incident with contact information and we will call you to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We are only waiting for you at this point.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

PimpMyHoodie

Hi Ray..

I have updated my contact / phone number info, if you could give me a call today (Monday) so we can get this sorted it really would be appreciated!..

many thanks.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...