close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart ID, binding to database

Thread began 3/18/2010 1:33 pm by info271221 | Last modified 7/27/2010 10:41 am by Eric Mittman | 4422 views | 21 replies |

info271221

eCart ID, binding to database

The orders are processing but the only thing getting into the database is the datetime of the order. The ID is not showing on the receipt either. Files attached. Thank You!

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It looks like you are trying to set the order id to $row_rsOrders['orderid']. The id of your orders table should be set to an auto incrementing primary key column that is not null. If you have the orders table setup like this then the id will not need to be explicitly inserted for the order. You could choose to add another column to store the order reference id, this should be the session id that you can get from the bindings in eCart > [Session ID].

info271221

eCart Binding to database

Ok I switched that to NOT allow null. Thanks! Can I bind additional fields and if so what page do I do this on?

Eric Mittman

You can bind additional fields in your store order summary or store order details sever behaviors. You just need to open the confirm or pp_confirm pages and edit the store order summary and store order details server behaviors. In here you should get to the step that lists all of the columns in your table and what values you are binding for them.

info271221

Changing orders table

Now I just realized that I am binding to the wrong orders table. I need to bind to another table. Will this create alot of problems? If not, what page / pages are affected and do I need to modify.

Thank You

Eric Mittman

If you want to insert the data into a different table you should just modify the server behavior and select the table that you would like to insert into instead. You will need to still configure the values for the columns though just like you did the first time around. If you make a backup of your page first you can safely make edits to it.

info271221

add to cart not redirecting to cart display

choose_membership.php is refreshing the page and not going to the cart_display.php page

info271221

Originally Said By: info271221
  choose_membership.php is refreshing the page and not going to the cart_display.php page  

This was working, then we moved the site to another server. We are waiting on the SSL certificate

Eric Mittman

It looks like there are a couple of the add to cart server behaviors that do not have the redirect specified. Do you have the same result for all of the items on the page? What happens if you try to add the item to the cart then go to the cart display page manually afterwards? Do you see the item in the cart?

Please post back with these details so that we can look into this further with you.

info271221

manual works

You are correct, manually they do show up. I tried all of the buttons and none of them redirect. I do see some some redirect in the choose_membership.php page code.
I also double clicked on the button in the server behaviors. Is both the general and the bindings tab to be set to redirect to cart_display.php?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...