close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerStore3 CSS NOT displaying

Thread began 2/16/2010 10:15 am by tfrank302722 | Last modified 2/16/2010 5:06 pm by tfrank302722 | 2050 views | 7 replies |

tfrank302722

PowerStore3 CSS NOT displaying

I just installed PowerStore3 and the CSS is not working on Mac & PC FireFox but does work on Mac & PC Safari and PC IE 7.0. Have tried any other platforms and browsers yet. All of the files in the CSS directory are on the server and I've tried replacing all of them but still have same result. I used crossbrowsertesting.com to test browsers and platforms.

address is PowerStore300/

Any help is appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Justin Nemeth

It looks like your server is incorrectly sending CSS files over as PHP files. I used Chrome on my mac and this is what showed up in the error console.

cssResource interpreted as stylesheet but transferred with MIME type application/x-httpd-php. -- common.css

If i try to browse to the css file directly it doesn't load for me like normal and instead tries to download. I would contact your host and ask them to fix the web server to serve up CSS files correctly. It probably works on Firefox since they are ignoring the server and just assuming its css based on the .css file extension.

-justin

tfrank302722

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the response. I'm using GoDaddy for hosting and this is the first time I've run into this. Have you run into this with their hosting before?

Justin Nemeth

I haven't noticed an issue like this before. They should be able to help you out if you contact their support and explain the situation and include the error message.

tfrank302722

Hi Jason

I was curious and change the css links in the index.php from this:

<style type="text/css" media="all">
<!--
@import url("css/common.css");
-->
</style>
<style type="text/css" media="all">
<!--
@import url("css/home.css");
-->
</style>
<style type="text/css" media="print">
<!--
@import url("css/home_print.css");
-->
</style>

to:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/common.css" media="screen" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/home.css" media="screen" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/home_print.css" media="print" />

and FireFox was able to display the styles. Why is that? I don't know enough about to understand what the difference is and why FF perfers one over the other. Is this still a GoDaddy issue?

Thanks I appreciate your time.

tfrank302722

I mean Justin, sorry about that.

Justin Nemeth

I actually just ran into a similar issue myself. Link tags are sometimes needed to allow Javascript on the page to detect the styles correctly. It does seem to be an issue with the host, but if changing to link tags does the trick I would just stick with that. Thanks for reporting back.

-justin

tfrank302722

Hey,

Just figured it out. It was a server issue , not sure why, I had to do a .htaccess with AddType text/css .css placed in it. Seems to be working now. Thanks for your help I appreciate it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...