close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Is there a different work flow?

Thread began 6/08/2012 3:10 am by Patrice | Last modified 6/10/2012 4:24 pm by Patrice | 4045 views | 27 replies |

PatriceWebAssist

Is there a different work flow?

For years, my work flow has been:
Create a Data Assist insert, update, results, search pages.
Open update and insert, and apply HTML editor to appropriate fields.

Has anything changed with the Databridge system?

Four tests get me as far as inserting editor, but upon uploading to server, where the editor should be is blank space. I re-upped the webassist folder / ckeditor several times.

I didn't add any styles, or any template, etc. to these pages. Stripped down to just the basics to test.

Thanks.

CS6 on Mac 10.6.8

Sign in to reply to this post

PatriceWebAssist

More testing: CS5.5 gives same result.

Back in 6 for more tests and now only the trash can icon is showing up on the results page. Repeated tests, same results.

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall.

PatriceWebAssist

Frustrated. Before I had attempted to insert an HTML editor in an update, the DBridge was giving me a results page with icons. I've uninstalled, reinstalled and now, just making the results page, only the garbage icon is showing up. The pencil and magnifying glass both show up in the "click for preview" but don't appear in final output. This is in both 6 and 5.5.

Any ideas?

PatriceWebAssist

I have also deleted .dat file, during the testing.

PatriceWebAssist

Screen shot of my extensions in case that helps. Order of last round: ecart left alone, then installed extender, then bridge. I had a paypal wa in there also. But that's it for wa products.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

In terms of the html editor workflow, in the new version you can edit the field settings and set the field type to html editor and it should create the html editor for you in the wizard itself.

However your old workflow of replacing after should work as well.

Your installation order and process appear to be correct, so before having you try reinstalling I'd like to try to reproduce the issue and make sure it isn't a bug that was somehow introduced that we need to address.

What is the operating system and Dreamweaver version you are using? We'll make sure it isn't an issue with the extension, and if it is we will get it fixed quickly and make an update available as soon as possible. If we can't reproduce it, we can create a support incident and give you a call to debug it with you directly.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

PatriceWebAssist

"In terms of the html editor workflow, in the new version you can edit the field settings and set the field type to html editor and it should create the html editor for you in the wizard itself."

Wow, I sure missed that. Where do I look for that feature?

"What is the operating system and Dreamweaver version you are using?"

CS6 Mac 10.6.8
also tested in CS5.5

Thanks Ray, I'll try to find the new way of doing it.

PatriceWebAssist

But, that wouldn't explain why the results page is missing icons, would it?

PatriceWebAssist

More tests: I found how to do the html editor. It inserted on the page. Uploading to server, just a blank space.

Upload log had an error, so I uploaded ck again, but here's the error. After second upload, still a white space where editor should have been.

Operation timed out. Cancelling...
/var/www/html/webassist/ckeditor/ - error occurred - Unable to create server folder /var/www/html/webassist/ckeditor/.
webassist:ckeditor:INSTALL.html - user cancelled

File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.
Files updated: 14
Files skipped: 1

Files with errors: 1
/var/www/html/webassist/ckeditor/

Finished: 6/8/12 11:27 AM

PatriceWebAssist

Movie of insert page with editor... when refreshing page you can glimpse code.

webassist6812.mov

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...