close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

file name as log in user id

Thread began 5/16/2012 11:18 pm by provicon2000407155 | Last modified 5/18/2012 6:38 am by Jason Byrnes | 1806 views | 8 replies |

provicon2000407155

file name as log in user id

I am trying to make people download pdf files using digital file pro.

I am making the pdf file name same as user log in ID.

I have $_SESSION['MM_Username'] stored in the page.

how can I make use of this value of user ID, $_SESSION['MM_Username'] and make files to download as $_SESSION['MM_Username'] plus .pdf???

any suggestion or help will be deeply appreciated.

I don't think

putting $_SESSION['MM_Username'].pdf would work. Can someone tell me what I should exactly put down as file name so that people download their log in User ID plus .pdf as their file to download??

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the save as section of the Download server behavior, use the following code:

php:
<?php echo $_SESSION['MM_Username']; ?>.pdf

provicon2000407155

not downloading

I put..

<?php echo $_SESSION['MM_Username']; ?>.pdf

in both

Filename

and

Save as.

but when I try the web site with this download button, even if I click download button, file is not downloading. The pdf file to be downloaded does not show up.

Can you please tell me what it is that I am doing wrong???

provicon2000407155

folder

I put pdf files in weekly_pdf folder.. which is in the same directory as download_pdf.php file, which has file download button.

what should I put down in the folder option?

currently, even if I click download button, pdf file is not downloading.. the pdf file simply do not show up.

I suspect I put something wrong in the folder option.

can anybody please tell me how I should specify in the folder option?? can anybody tell me why pdf is not downloading even if I click download button??

provicon2000407155

not triggered

I chose "button: download pressed" in the trigger option. but when I look into the php code generated by digital file pro, i do not see any code that will trigger download..

actually, when I visit the site uploaded, and click download button, nothing happens..

How can I make pdf file download get triggered when I click the download button??

what is the php code that will trigger pdf file download when I click the download button?? is this code supposed to be generated by digital file pro?? or is it something that I should add manually??

please help me.

thanks.

provicon2000407155

code added by DFP

below is only code generated by DFP.

<?php
WA_DFP_SetupDownloadStatusStruct("WA_DownloadResult1");
if(isset($_POST["download"])){
WA_DFP_DownloadFile("WA_DownloadResult1", "/weekly_pdf/", "".$_SESSION['MM_Username'] .".pdf ", "".$_SESSION['MM_Username'] .".pdf ", false, false, false, "", "", "", "");
}
?>

and even if I click download button, nothing happens.. pdf file is not being downloaded.. what is wrong??

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

for the file name, you need to select the file that they will download, only use the code i gave for the save as section.

provicon2000407155

file name is user id

the file name is dynamic..

the file to be downloaded is the same as user log in id..

so if user log in with 83737, then digital file pro supposed to look for 83737.pdf in /weekly_pdf/ folder, and when download button is clicked, it should download 83737.pdf with the user logging in with ID 83737..

how can I make this happen??

file name to be downloaded is dfferent for all user with different log in id.. and I have pdf files for all different user ID based pdf in /weekly_pdf/ folder.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I put pdf files in weekly_pdf folder.. which is in the same directory as download_pdf.php file  

in that case setting the download folder to be site relative:
/weekly_pdf/

is not correct. instead it should be document relative:
weekly_pdf/

the file name is dynamic..  

that was not clear from the original post.

in that case use the code i gave:
[php]<?php echo $_SESSION['MM_Username']; ?>.pdf[php]

for the File Name setting, and set the save as option to [FileName]

since a session is being used, you may need to add this code to line 1 to force the server to see the session:

php:
<?php @session_start(); ?>

if the download is still not working, go to the bindings panel and expand the Download File Binding group and add each of the bindings to the page to see information about the download that will help troubleshoot the problem.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...