close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Best WebAssist tool to use to fix IE CSS issue

Thread began 2/06/2011 4:40 am by nhtmedia421890 | Last modified 2/07/2011 7:14 am by Jason Byrnes | 4738 views | 5 replies |

nhtmedia421890

Best WebAssist tool to use to fix IE CSS issue

A website I'm working on for a friend is having issues with IE rendering it incorrectly vs FF and chrome.

I was wondering which tool from WebAssist will help me find the css challenge and offer a fix?

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

I think you are already using it, - the WebAssist support forum. If you were able to post a link to a page on your site that displays the problem in IE, it is likely that someone will be able to provide a solution.

IE has always tended to require element dimensions and positions to be fully coded, and doesn't use the same logical default fall-backs that other modern browsers have. In firefox (for example), if some elements' dimensions aren't specified, it will assume and render a value of 100% of its containing element. IE has (historically) tended to 'collapse' certain elements so they seem to be either missing or reduced to barely contain their contents, thereby messing up your design structure.

Sites built using WebAssist's CSS Sculptor or Site Sculptor correct these issues as the pages are created, - usually by including a separate stylesheet that is conditionally used if a page is viewed in IE.

If you would care to post a link to a page, someone may be able to advise.

nhtmedia421890

Posting to a forum would be great if I wanted to wait for answers. Or I could purchase a tool that could help accelerate the process.

As it turned out I found the error by using built in validation check.

I recently purchased the WebAssist Super Suite package and I was not able to find the same error with any of the tools provided. All that was wrong was a missing closing tag in the header.php file.

BTW I'm getting a few errors when launching some of the WebAssist Super Suite tools. Quite annoying really. For the price I would have expected better.

Have you ever experienced this?

Jenn

anonymous

WebAssist products actually work great. The issue (which is usually Javascript errors) is caused because of Dreamweaver cache file system.

No offense, but your quick to slam WebAssist without even reading the documentation.

Check this for your startup issues: common_installation_issues.pdf

I'm pretty sure that will solve your issues. If you still have a problem, you can report and either a community member (like myself) or a WebAssist employee will make sure your stuff works correctly.

As far as your issues between IE and the other browsers, it's something all web designers deal with and there will probably never be an extension that can fully compensate for both. This is because Microsoft decided that "standards based" wasn't the route they wanted to go. In contrast, all of the other browsers decided to go standards based. The later versions of IE have been much better but still are not up to par with Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.

nhtmedia421890

Read the documentation.

Deleted the WinFileCache.dat file too. Still the Css Forms Builder is coming up with: Error Initializing Add Form UI.

This is not helping speed up my day. Instead of working on building a website right now I'm trying to fix a product I just purchased.

Slaming WebAssist Products - No. Saying I'm getting errors and that I'm annoyed by it is not slaming WebAssist. Just getting cranky. Did I mention I was cranky!

I'm actually burning up more time tracking down fixes than I would expect from a high end tool.

When I spend half a grand on something I expect it to work out of the box.

No offence to WebAssist or your loyalty to WebAssist but I have not experienced any WebAssist goodness yet.

Jenn

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

On the download Page for CSS form builder, there is a new build for HTML Editor 3 Compatibility, this build will also fix the error you are encountering.

you should uninstall CSS form builder from the extension manager and install the HTML Compatibility build to fix the error.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...