close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Errors when opening Dreamweaver

Thread began 5/07/2012 5:38 am by Cheyanne | Last modified 5/07/2012 6:29 am by Andrew Read | 497 views | 1 replies |

Cheyanne

Errors when opening Dreamweaver

I have recently installed the latest update to Design Extender and, as is normally the case, I now have errors upon opening Dreamweaver. I have deleted the WinFileCache but the errors still remain. I have attached two screenshots showing the errors I have encountered.

I also wish to put on record my deep concerns as to WebAssists latest policy.
Many of us bought the SuperSuite, and individual extensions, only to find that your latest combination products contain many of the products we have already bought. Offering us discounts is not the answer to appeasing those of us who bought the SuperSuite in good faith and are now being asked to update to the various combination suites (e.g. Design Extender and Data Bridge) when we have paid a fortune to buy most of the products they ciontain, with the veiled threat that uopdates for the individual products will no longer be issued. This is an extract for a recent email

Now you can get ALL the tools you need to build dynamic websites -
plus brand new DataAssist features - for as little as $149!

Why should we have to pay $149 when I bought these items in good faith?

Tell your CEO that this is NOT the way to keep long established clients of yours.

Regards

Peter

Sign in to reply to this post

Andrew Read

Hi Peter,

I am just another WA users, but I can answer a few of these questions for you. :)

The first error you list has been shown in this section (and the Data Bridge section) about a million times, you could have easily found the answer to that one had you done a bit of reading. I'll answer it again anyway.

It is cause by eCart conflicting with the new extensions, but was always an irrelevant error. It can now be fixed by downloading the new version of eCart. Remove the old eCart from the extension manager and remove Design Extender (even if it is current!!). Install the new eCart and then the current version of Design Extender in that order and that error will go away.

Your second error has also been written about and could have been found had you done some reading, however it simply shows that Dreamweaver is trying to display a panel that no longer exists but is within your working DW layout. To fix it simply choose 'Window > Workspace Layout > Reset "-WORKSPACE NAME-" ' and it will also be resolved.

As far as the $149 for the new extension grouping.. that has also been answered about half a dozen times at least, so I'll let you find the answer to that or maybe some from WA will answer you here.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...