close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

File path questions for HTML Editor and and File Manager

Thread began 4/10/2012 1:35 pm by ncardoso429882 | Last modified 5/22/2012 7:58 am by Jason Byrnes | 7625 views | 9 replies |

ncardoso429882

File path questions for HTML Editor and and File Manager

Hi everyone, I have a page where I've installed the editor and an instance of file manager.

My files for this particular page will reside at:

app/

Ideally I would like to click on the browse (from upload field or editor) and have the user see that specific folder "/myfiles/pdf/app/". They would be able to upload or select from there.

I would like the file name and path to be stored to the database i.e. myfiles/pdf/app/myfile.pdf so that no matter from where, I can call thisserver/pathfromtheroot

Is this possible? What should I set the folder path to in the editor and file manager instance? Also, how should I set configuration.php?

Thanks a million
Nelson

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

go to webassist -> Forms -> HTML Editor -> Site Settings.

for the upload folder, select the /myfiles/pdf/app/ folder in your site so that HTML Editor will use this as the upload folder.

when a file is uploaded, the path used will automatically be /myfiles/pdf/app/filename.ext

ncardoso429882

What to upload after the change

Hi, thanks for the response. Once I make that change in site settings... what do I need to upload to the server so that my change is recognized?

ncardoso429882

More info... maybe this will help explain my road block

I would like to store all editor managed files for all users here:
website.com/storage/

Within the editor for one group of people I want to send them to:
website.com/storage/pages/ so they can upload to this folder or sub folders they create

So for example... a user opens the editor browser... creates a new folder within pages called "page_images" and then uploads an image (ex: test.jpg) to that folder and then selects that image for the page they are working on. They should see the image in the editor and then when they save and go view the updated external page, the page should display the image. The properties for that image should show:
website.com/storage/pages/page_images/test.jpg

This is not happening for me. The upload part seems to work okay but then the image does not show in the editor or on the public page. The editor shows a broken image and the external public page shows this in properties:
website.com/page_images/test.jpg (I'm guessing it's not storing this part "/storage/pages")

So for all this to work... and knowing my folder needs, what should I put in the following?
1 - File upload Sub-directory within the editor settings on the page?
2 - Configuration.php file i.e. $kfm_userfiles_address = and $kfm_userfiles_output = ?
3 - When I change the site settings within webassist/forms/html editor/site settings... what am I changing? and what files do I need to upload for this change to take place on the site?

If I follow your instructions for step 1, 2 and 3 will this resolve my issue in theory?

I know I wrote a lot and I really don't want to come across as a pain in the %$$#... I just wanted to give you my entire scenario so that you understand what I'm looking for.

Thanks so much in advance.

Nelson

ncardoso429882

Hi Jason... can you help please?

Hi Jason, running out of time for a project at work... if you have a moment, can you help me out? Thanks a million

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Dont make the changes to the Code, use the extension interfaces to select the upload folder.

Go to WebAssist -> Forms -> HTML Editor -> Site Settings

this is where you set the base path for file uploads. In this window select the website.com/storage/ folder.

In the HTML Editor instance, Click the Pencil Icon next to the preset. Make sure the Allow File Uploads and Show Directories in File manager are checked.

for the subfolder setting you can leave that blank which open the file manager to the website.com/storage/ folder set in the site settings, or you can specify a subfolder pages/ which will open the file manager to the website.com/storage/pages/ folder.

ncardoso429882

I must be missing something

Hi Jason, thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate the help. I must be missing something in one of the steps, part of it doesn't work for me. I'm attaching a pdf with a screenshot of each step I took after getting your response. Hopefully the detail will make my error obvious to you.

Thanks again.

Attached Files
webassist_files_path.pdf

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

ncardoso429882

I don't see my ticket...

Hi Jason, I'm logged in and I don't see anything under support history. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks so much
Nelson

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have recreated it. It should be there now.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...