close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart supports Australia Post. What about PowerStore3?

Thread began 2/08/2010 9:11 pm by dtritaris394401 | Last modified 2/22/2010 3:02 pm by Eric Mittman | 2457 views | 9 replies |

dtritaris394401

eCart supports Australia Post. What about PowerStore3?

Hi there,
I just purchased and started configuring Power Store 3.
How can I add Australia Post as a Shipper? I noticed that eCart support them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DT

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

If you wanted to add Australia Post shipping quotes to the PowerStore you would need disable the built in shipping support in the admin area under settings > shipping.

You would then need to add in the Australia Post server behavior to the confirm and pp_confirm pages. For the values in this server behavior it would be best to use the session variables that hold the checkout information like the shipping destination.

Once you have added this server behavior you will need to create a new shipping charge rule to be based on the Australia Post quote. When you are crafting the charge rule you would use the condition based on the Australia Post value being greater than 0, then for the amount you would just choose the Australia Post amount from the select list.

One more thing to keep in mind is that the shipping server behavior must be on the page in the rite spot. On the current confirm page the shipping server behaviors are on lines 446-666, when you add yours make sure it is around this same area of the page.

Please post back with any specific questions that you have about this process.

DionysiosT

Thanks for your help so far.

Thanks for your help Eric.
I'm happy this will be feasible.
I'll be continuing with help requests though as this is the first time I'm trying something like this.
I found the code in the two files confirm.php and pp_confirm.php,
I'll try to study the behaviour and figure out how I can modify it for Australia Post.

If you have any more pointers (what does what etc) please post them here.

Again thanks for your help

DionysiosT

Is there another Australian store that has implemented this solution?

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  If you wanted to add Australia Post shipping quotes to the PowerStore you would need disable the built in shipping support in the admin area under settings > shipping.

You would then need to add in the Australia Post server behavior to the confirm and pp_confirm pages. For the values in this server behavior it would be best to use the session variables that hold the checkout information like the shipping destination.

Once you have added this server behavior you will need to create a new shipping charge rule to be based on the Australia Post quote. When you are crafting the charge rule you would use the condition based on the Australia Post value being greater than 0, then for the amount you would just choose the Australia Post amount from the select list.

One more thing to keep in mind is that the shipping server behavior must be on the page in the rite spot. On the current confirm page the shipping server behaviors are on lines 446-666, when you add yours make sure it is around this same area of the page.

Please post back with any specific questions that you have about this process.  

Hi Eric,
I have difficulties with this solution.
I was wondering if there is another online store here in Australia that has implemented this solution already.

Eric Mittman

I don't have any other store off hand that have it implemented like this. What part are you having difficulty with? Have you been able to successfully add in the Australia Post server behavior on the confirm page? If so are you getting an error when testing? Please describe what you have done already and the result you are getting so we can help you get this worked out.

DionysiosT

PHP edit

Hi Eric,
The problem I have is I'm not a PHP Developer.
I don't even know where to start and what exactly do I have to do.
Is there an Australia Post Server Behaviour?
Do I create it by copying the code inside "//if using UPS" and "// end if Using UPS" and then changing it?
I can see so many different files unique to UPS for example ("WA_eCart/WA_eCart_UPS_PHP.php")

How do I "craft the charge rule"?

Eric Mittman

You do not need to worry about coding the shipping quote code, it is handled by the eCart server behavior.

All you need to do is open your confirm page and go to Server Behaviors > eCart > Shipping > Australia Post.

Once you configure and apply this server behavior it will create the shipping charge rule for you. Once this is in place you will need to do some testing to ensure it is working correctly. Don't forget to disable the default shipping for PowerStore.

Please post back with any questions that you have about configuring or applying this server behavior.

DionysiosT

Is this on dreamweaver

Hi Eric,
Hope you are patient. I'm trying to figure out exactly what needs to be done.
From your reply I assume I have to do all the editing of the shop in dreamweaver?

Please confirm the process I'll need to follow:

1. Define a Dreamweaver site with a local copy of the shop files and set the installed instance of the shop as the Remote.
2. Open the confirm.php and follow your instructions.

Questions
1. Do I need eCart installed in order to do this?
2. In the server behaviours I don't see a section for eCart
3. Do I have to setup a Testing Server?

That is for now.

DionysiosT

Originally Said By: DionysiosT
  Hi Eric,
Hope you are patient. .  

Ahhh this 2am typing! Hope you have patience Eric!

Eric Mittman

I can confirm the first two statements:

1. Define a Dreamweaver site with a local copy of the shop files and set the installed instance of the shop as the Remote.
2. Open the confirm.php and follow your instructions.  

To answer the questions in order:

1. Do I need eCart installed in order to do this?  

Yes, you will need to have eCart installed for this.

2. In the server behaviours I don't see a section for eCart  

This will only be available once eCart is installed.

3. Do I have to setup a Testing Server?  

Yes, you need to have a testing server defined to work with the dynamic data. I would suggest that you develop and test locally before putting the files up to your live server. Here are some guides on doing this:

Testing server on windows
xampp_for_windows.php

setting up a dynamic site in DW
dynamic_site_definitions.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...