close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

£ currency ecart5 powerstore 2

Thread began 2/01/2010 7:53 am by ben_bradley348417 | Last modified 2/16/2010 2:30 pm by Eric Mittman | 2873 views | 10 replies |

ben_bradley348417

£ currency ecart5 powerstore 2

I just got ecart5 and working with powerstore 2, i've clicked on the server behaviours and opened up the ecart object (WA_Store_Cart) and i've changed it to £ from $, and it still doesn't update online?

Does it have to be manually changed? I thought ecart could do it all at once?

Thanks in advance!

Sign in to reply to this post

ben_bradley348417

Originally Said By: ben_bradley348417
  I just got ecart5 and working with powerstore 2, i've clicked on the server behaviours and opened up the ecart object (WA_Store_Cart) and i've changed it to £ from $, and it still doesn't update online?

Does it have to be manually changed? I thought ecart could do it all at once?

Thanks in advance!  

Ok, it appears when I go to checkout, the £ currency appears. Its just not showing on the products catalogue.

Any ideas?

fraskos393357

Hello
I am also using e-cart5 and powerstore2.
I also did the currency modification from $ to euro. I used e-cart to display the euro at the checkout page, but it doesn't automatically change the $ symbol throughout the powerstore. In order to do this i had to change the $ symbol to the euro symbol manually at all the php pages of powerstore, (design mode and code mode). I had made a search at the forum for this issue and found a detailed explanation on how to do this. Try searcing "changing currency" at the forum search section. And i also think this issue is addressed at the product's how to documentation.

good luck.

Eric Mittman

There is a how to PDF document available on this topic:

ps_changing_currency.pdf

It can be found on the PowerStore support page.

ben_bradley348417

Thats totally fantastic guys, Thanks so much!

I just noticed though Eric, that - 'Admin/Products_Insert.php' page also needs to be added to that .pdf.

Thanks again!

Eric Mittman

Thanks for the catch, I sent this info in an email to the documentation team.

garry.bradley337443

Eric, is the code line that needs changing in the 'ps_changing_currency.pdf' for 'Update the WA_Store_Cart_PHP.php file' supposed to be 366 and not 278?

If it is then that'll have to go to the doc team for alteration as well.
Cheers

Eric Mittman

In PowerStore 2 the line of code matches for my eCart file. I think it would be best to just look for the following line of code:

php:
$WA_Store_Cart = new WA_Store_Cart_Definition(

It is the symbol in use in this line of code that you want to change. I will send this info along to the documentation.

garry.bradley337443

Hi Eric
I'm a bit mixed up here. I've opened WA_Store_Cart_PHP.php inside the WA_eCart folder and done a search for $WA_Store_Cart = new WA_Store_Cart_Definition( but I can't locate it anywhere in the code.

That's why I've got confused over the line numbers, is this the correct file I've opened?

garry.bradley337443

Apologies, found it.

It was the one I found and changed previously. It's now
$WA_Store_Cart = new WA_Store_Cart_Definition("WA_Store_Cart", 0, "£", true, 2, 0, "oz", true, 2, 1, 0);

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...