close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Another BLOB question

Thread began 1/29/2010 5:12 am by rick178787 | Last modified 2/19/2010 10:56 am by Dani Chankhour | 1186 views | 3 replies |

rick178787

Another BLOB question

I'm not a C++ guy, but I've managed to rescue my data from a little (orphaned) app that used an inline sqlite db. I've got my data into MySql and corrected all of the little things (autoincrement > auto_increment). But the BLOBs are throwing me.

in MySql queries, the BLOB columns return as the word BLOB instead of the data (it's a reference tool, so the information is all text no images, probably some html formatting code).

In DW3 with WA DataAssist I get an unspecified dB error on every table that a BLOB datatype.

I would have built the initial product differently too, but it is what it is. There are over 2200 records. I just want to rescue my data and get into a form I can use.

Any ideas? References?

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

I create some test pages with DataAssist with a blob data type and i did not run into any issue.

On what page are you getting the error.

rick178787

tnx

just to round this out, I found the problem. When SQLite was used inline in a C++ app, it put DATE() as the first characters in the BLOB, so MySQL hangs on it. It took me a while to figure it out, not to mention not knowing what I'm going to do with some 2k of entries.

Anyway, sorry to be so long getting back to this.

Dani Chankhour

I'm glad you were able to get it working. And thanks for posting back with your results.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...