close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Using Pound Sign

Thread began 1/23/2010 5:13 pm by 1387996 | Last modified 1/26/2010 7:29 am by MickW | 2217 views | 5 replies |

Using Pound Sign

Hi, When using the editor in CMS 102 admin to change page content whem I use the £ sign it shows fine when its saved in the CMS pages but when I look online at the web page it shows as £ ,thats a capital A with circumflex before the correct pound sign.
Everything else seems fine such as " $ % ^ & * ( ) etc. its just the £ which doesn't. I've tried with key code Alt 0163 as well. The euro key code alt 0128 also fails
Just tried with CMS100 and its fine????????
Please help as I'm trying to do a price list.
Thanks. Chris
BTW it fails in IE and Firefox

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Have you tried using the URL encoded value of %A3?

Hi Jimmy
I'm not sure how you mean, I tried entering %A3 and it just entered those characters!!!
I tried using special characters button and it still failed although it looks fine when viewed inside CMS but not when web viewed.
If you can try putting a pound in by keying alt 0163, (gives a £), saving it and it still looks good (£) in the CMS details page. But if you look at the page on the net its changed to £ ?????? Chris

MickW

Hi - have you set your charset to UTF-8 at the top of your page after the doctype declaration?

Mick

Hi Mick
Can I promote you to very senior member, that was the answer and thanks a lot.
It was at western european (iso 8859-1) which works fine on another site with cms100. I don't understand but ??????
I can now rest at night!!!!! Chris

MickW

:)
Glad I could help. I only know because I had the same problem a few weeks ago. By default my Dreamwever setup uses utf-8 on new pages

Mick

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...