close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Auto Log In Does Not Log Out

Thread began 1/23/2010 3:24 pm by info271221 | Last modified 1/27/2010 11:55 am by Eric Mittman | 1209 views | 5 replies |

info271221

Auto Log In Does Not Log Out

I am having trouble with the auto log in and remember me feature. Can you look at the attached code from the Helper_PHP.php file and tell me if there is a modification that can be made to correct this.

ISSUE
The website seems to recognize some cookies stored and auto logging

After testing, I determined that it does not matter where you are on the site, if you have selected the remember me option or auto log in and revisit the site, at first glance it does not appear that you are logged in, however if you click the log in, DO NOT log in, and click the log in the 2nd time you are automatically logged in.

For now, I asked the clients to clear their browsing history, cookies and saved passwords and deleted the options of remember me and auto log in.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The way that the auto login should work is that if you have the cookies saved and go to the login page you should automatically be logged in and taken to page specified in that login.

The problem would not be in the helper, at least I don't think it would. Do you have a link where I can register with a test user to see the result? Also, posting back with the login page in a zip archive would be very helpful.

info271221

Ticket or email?

Can you please open a ticket or provide me with an email address? I really don't want to make this info public.

Originally Said By: info271221
  I am having trouble with the auto log in and remember me feature. Can you look at the attached code from the Helper_PHP.php file and tell me if there is a modification that can be made to correct this.

ISSUE
The website seems to recognize some cookies stored and auto logging

After testing, I determined that it does not matter where you are on the site, if you have selected the remember me option or auto log in and revisit the site, at first glance it does not appear that you are logged in, however if you click the log in, DO NOT log in, and click the log in the 2nd time you are automatically logged in.

For now, I asked the clients to clear their browsing history, cookies and saved passwords and deleted the options of remember me and auto log in.  

Eric Mittman

No problem, I have opened a ticket for you. To update the ticket please login to webassist.com and visit your support history.

info271221

Remember Me Feature

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  No problem, I have opened a ticket for you. To update the ticket please login to webassist.com and visit your support history.  

OK, I published some info to the ticket and uploaded some files. Now I re-tested and currently have a log in file live WITHOUT the remember me feature and everything seems to be fine.

When the remember me feature is selected, it is retained in the cookies until you clear your cookies. Correct? Clearing out my cookies is working for me, however my client has IE 8 and he says it is still remembering him.

Thanks!

Eric Mittman

The remember me options should only work when the cookies are set. If you need to manually delete your cookies in IE8 you can do that by going to Tools > Delete Browsing History. In here make sure that you only check the box for cookies then click on the delete button. There are ways to delete specific cookies also, I found this entry when searching for this:

Selectively-Delete-Cookies-in-Internet-Explorer-8/

I replied to your ticket with some more info. Please login and visit your support history to update the ticket. If you have any further questions please post them to the ticket so that we can keep it all in one place.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...