close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CS4 - 64 BIT SYSTEM - Windows 7 compatibility

Thread began 1/18/2010 3:17 pm by davidbashby299166 | Last modified 2/09/2010 7:35 pm by tim383164 | 6197 views | 5 replies |

davidbashby299166

I have searched for this but suprisingly no one has asked about CS4 so......

I currently have the latest version of css menu writer runniong with Adobe cs3 dw on Vista, everything runs fine, I have new 64bit system and wonder can someone tell me if there are issues or will this software run with cs4 on a 64bit system?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am running a 64bit Windows 7 system at home with DW CS4 and do not have any compatibility issues with the currant versions of any of the WebAssist Extensions.

tim383164

MySQL Connectivity CS4 on Windows 7 64bit

I have been using Dreamweaver on Vista 32bit 4 GB Ram with Intel Core Duo 2.7 Ghz. and building a php / MySQL site.

Up until now, I constantly have been getting issues with the various extensions (super suite), eg. Tried to run the DataAssist 2.06 wizzard, and would get blank wizzard screens etc.) This has been quite regular ever since purchasing these. I thought that maybe My PC had to much background programs running etc.

So I just purchased a new Hard drive and had WIndows 7 Pro 64bit installed (clean) and connected to my old motherboard (which supports 64bit), activating the drive through bios. I installed MySQL Server (Version 5.1.43 64bit) and restored my database with no issue. I can connect to this using the MySQL Administrator (GUI) without issue and setup MySQL user Accounts (the same as on my old vista 32bit environment).

After installing Dreamweaver CS4 on the new WIndows 7 64bit platform, it seems to run ok except that I cannot connect to MySQL. If I try to edit or create a new connection and press the Test button, I get an error message "An unidentified error has occurred."

Initially when I installed Dreamweaver on the new Windows 7 platform, I did not deactivate it from the old. So I thought that this might have something to do with the issue. So I deactivated the install on the old Vista 32bit platform, then I uninstalled Dreamweaver (after deactivating it) on the WIndows 7 platform, and then reinstalled it on WIndows 7.

With the newly installed copy of Dreamweaver on Windows 7;
After loading my site, when I try to manage my MySQL connections, I still get the same error "An unidentifed error has occured"

I have read that if running Windows (64bit) you should not install the 32 bit version of MySQL. I did also try testing against the 32 bit MySQL but to no avail.

After spending a reasonable amount of money to upgrade my hardware (including taking ram to 4GB) it seems that I have now gone backwards in that Im not able to write any SQL code

Any suggestions?

John LangerBeta Tester

I've been running Windows 7 64 bit with DW CS4 since last October without a single problem. All the WA extensions work as well.

I installed WAMP for my MySql and PHP etc. I'm unaware whether it's (MySql) 64 or 32 bit but it runs flawlessly.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Your issue sounds like a PHP installation problem.

I have a Windows 7 64 bit install on my computer at home. Initially, I could not get a working testing server to run at all using IIS, PHP and MySQL. With that combination, I could not even get a test php page that included:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

to load.

I ended up uninstalling IIS and MySQL, reverting all of the system changes needed to install PHP and installing XAMPP instead.

The only hiccup I encountered with XAMPP was needing the disable the IPv6 option.

See the "Setting up a Testing Server for Windows" tutorial in the laerning resources section:
resources.php

tim383164

Jason

Thanks for the information. I followed the advise and removed IIS and installed the latest version of XAMPP and it works fine.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...