close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Login page doesn't open on web

Thread began 1/18/2010 11:10 am by james276087 | Last modified 1/30/2010 3:59 pm by james276087 | 5848 views | 10 replies |

james276087

Login page doesn't open on web

Here the page of Login page that still show " localhost.php" ( how can i change??)

<?php require_once('Connections/localhost.php');?>
<?php require_once("WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_Scripts_PHP.php"); ?>
<?php require_once("WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_ValidatedForm_PHP.php"); ?>
<?php require_once( "WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php" ); ?><?php
if (!isset($_SESSION)) {
session_start();
}
?>

*********For Database connection Code changed:

<?php
$link = mysql_connect('laemeraldfashion.ipowermysql.com', 'james', '123');
if (!$link) {
die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}
echo 'Connected successfully';
mysql_select_db(memberk);
?>

what did do wrong here that i'm getting error message " web page cannot display on web"
thanks for reading and help please

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When you setup your User Registration Solution Pack did you follow the read me and the getting started guide?

Here is a link to the support page for the Solution Recipe, here you can find the getting started guide and more.

user-registration/

Please go over this guide and let us know if you have any questions or run into any problems.

james276087

do you think how i be able to start to installed the program and created the localhost and installed database....all this without reading the STARTED THE GUIDE....WHAT A ADVICE ????

Eric Mittman

I posted the info about the getting started guide because it seems that you are having problems getting the connection worked out. You will not need to alter the code on the pages to use your connection details, instead you will need to update the existing connection file with these details.

This is covered in the getting started guide in step 2 with a link to this document:

connection

If you have problems with this or are getting errors please let us know and include information about the steps you have taken.

james276087

thank you very much for telling me where to look.

I did setup for Testing server and it did work.
but now do i have to set it up again for Live server on Database Panel from DW

thank you

I need to changed the story or add it here.
I was so happy when i saw the Database tables and Users information on DW.
and i didn't test on web..
Now i got this error message

Warning: require_once(Connecontions/localhost.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\emerald\users_Registration.php on line 7

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Connections/localhost.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\emerald\users_Registration.php on line 7

ON LINE 7 SHOW:
<?php require_once('Connections/localhost.php'); ?>
<?php require_once("WA_DataAssist/WA_AppBuilder_PHP.php"); ?>

Now can someone tell me what i did wrong here......almost there but.....need help
thanks for your patient

Eric Mittman

If you have a different connection for your local testing and the live server then you should make a copy of the localhost.php file in the connections folder. In the copy of this file you will need to enter the details for your live database. When you upload the files make sure to upload this copy of the connection file to your live server and remove the local version.

This way you will be able to use your testing server and still get the files to work on your live server, you just need to maintain the two different versions of the localhost.php file.

james276087

Jason please help

I'm getting this error message.
Please help me what did i do wrong here........thanks for reading

Warning: require_once(Connecontions/localhost.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\emerald\users_Registration.php on line 7

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Connections/localhost.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\emerald\users_Registration.php on line 7

ON LINE 7 SHOW:
<?php require_once('Connections/localhost.php'); ?>
<?php require_once("WA_DataAssist/WA_AppBuilder_PHP.php"); ?>

Eric Mittman

This error message is letting you know that the file that is being referenced in the require once cannot be found in the location specified.

The registration page is in your emerald folder. You will either need to make sure that you have the connection folder in here also, or you will need to adjust the path to the connection file.

Where do you currently have the Connections folder with the localhost file?

james276087

thanks for your patient Eric.

I have Connection Folder in the Emerald Folder.
On Database panel show the connection with Tables, Users informations...

Or do you want me to delete all files and restart from beginning????

Have nice weekend

Eric Mittman

It might be quicker to create a new DW site and extract the files to there. The require once line of code that is causing this error is looking for the file localhost.php in the Connection folder in the same directory. If you are getting this error still it means that include file cannot be found at the location specified.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...