close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Wow, eCart5 Looks Cool

Thread began 1/18/2010 9:40 am by SPT | Last modified 2/16/2010 10:06 pm by web_assist_mail157665 | 2333 views | 9 replies |

SPT

Wow, eCart5 Looks Cool

Great work guys,

The creation of the database feature looks like a real handy feature!!

Nice

Sign in to reply to this post

Lon WintersBeta Tester

It does look really nice - I wish I had a project that I could use it on! : )

Dooza

Shame it doesn't support ASP

I got really excited when I saw the email, already convinced my boss it was a good idea, then remembered that it won't support ASP. Ahh well, nevermind, yet another extension I won't be able to use in my current environment. (I do completely understand the reasons, no need to go into it again)

Steve

toms016390756

Indeed, a nice feature and release

web_assist_mail157665

Don't forget the three bugs that affect the add to cart, tax calculations and create checkout wizards.

After losing hours on this first use of ecart we were offered £9!? off the purchase of another product by the sales team!!!

Think very carefully before you purchase a Webassist product.

Do you want to Beta test their products in your own time, using your own money?

(and no - I probably would not have posted this, if a sensible and quite frankly non insulting offer had been made by the Webassist Sales Team)

Very unhappy customer

Michael Lekse

Could you please elaborate: (and no - I probably would not have posted this, if a sensible and quite frankly non insulting offer had been made by the Webassist Sales Team)

Michael

web_assist_mail157665

Please read the previous post.

This product had/has a lot of holes in it. As a user I'm expecting things to work as per your documentation. 3 bugs reported in the first hours of use.

First response:
Sorry you've had it more than 15 days - nothing we can do! (What! - how deeply did you want to offend me?)

Second response (after amazed reply):
We can offer you 10% off Powerstore (approx £9 - OK I've lost a huge chunk of time and money - taken time to report bugs and that's it!!)

IF you think £9 off my next purchase in any way covers the time lost trying to work out what they heck was going on, then the time wasted reporting the bugs - you have to be on a different planet. At least 3 hrs lost = £195 down the pan.

Michael Lekse

Please send an email to sales at webassist dot com so that I can look into your account and see what I can do for you. Please reference this forum post in the subject line for me.

Michael

web_assist_mail157665

Will do - appreciate you taking another look

web_assist_mail157665

Well - just to say, someone certainly understands how to deal with problems in a professional way.

My thanks to Michael for his assistance in turning a very negative situation to the positive.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...