close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

10426 error

Thread began 1/08/2010 2:47 pm by mktg397988 | Last modified 1/25/2010 1:08 pm by Eric Mittman | 5177 views | 9 replies |

mktg397988

10426 error

I am getting an error in my ecart.

It is:

PayPal API Error #10426
Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. Item total is invalid.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this. Where to look in my cart files. What to look for.

Thanks,

J

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

On the page that you are getting this error on you will need to add in the full request and full response to see what the specific value is that the API does not like.

On this page go to your bindings and expand the PayPal group, put the full request and full response bindings onto the page then save the page and test it. When you go through this time you should see the entire request that was made as well as the full server response. This info should help to clear up what the problem is. You can post back with these details if you are having trouble getting it sorted.

mktg397988

Full error response

I removed the result from: <?php echo(PP_DirectPayment_Result("Full Request")) ?>
because it contained senstive infomation.

Below is the full response from:<?php echo(PP_DirectPayment_Result("Full Response")) ?>

2010-01-12T01:23:47ZFailureWithWarninge32afb8b92266Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.Item total is invalid.10426ErrorInvalid DataThis transaction has been completed, but the total of items in the cart did not match the total of all items.15008Warning2.2011522532.56

Help please.

Thanks

Eric Mittman

This looks very similar to an issue that was fixed in a previous release of eCart. What is the version of eCart that you have installed that you created the checkout with? The latest version should not have this problem.

mktg397988

eCart version

The version number is 4.0.2

mktg397988

eCart version number

The version number is 4.0.2

Eric Mittman

Ok, this is likely the cause of these problems. You should update to the latest release of eCart. At the time of this posting the latest release is 4.5.2. After you update to this version you should make a backup of your current files, then try to update the local checkout that is applied to your confirm page. If this does not yield the correct result then you may need to recreate the checkout pages with the new eCart using the checkout wizard.

Make sure you take a look at the documents found here:

support/

In the right side of the page under the heading 'Additional Help' are some documents about downloading and installing the extensions.

jeffery313081

Still getting error

However, the error has changed. I downloaded the updated eCart software and recreated my entire shopping cart. Now I'm getting:

ZFailure6bf93cffb6a01Security errorSecurity header is not valid10002Error2.201168791

I checked all of my paypal api credentials. They are correct.

Office Guy-172461

I think you meant to start a new thread. It is very confusing to work with multiple systems at the same time.

Have a look here:

10 Tips for getting quick help from a support forum
145/

Eric Mittman

If you are getting a security header invalid message it means that PayPal is not allowing you access to the api based on the credentials you provided. The problem could be a billing agreement that needs to be confirmed in your PayPal profile. It could also be that your credentials are not correct. You should check your profile to ensure that there is not something preventing you from using the credentials. If you continue to have this problem you should try requesting new credentials then make sure to cut and paste them into the server behaviors.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...