close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Installing Power CMS

Thread began 1/08/2010 11:42 am by marc38009 | Last modified 1/11/2010 4:26 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3763 views | 10 replies |

marc38009

Installing Power CMS

I am installing the PowerCMS on a Linux server. The installation steps aren't very clear. However, so far I have:

1. Setup MySQL dbase.
2. Updated localhost.php and WA_Globals.php.
3. Uploaded all files to domain.com/cms

When I browse to domain.com/cms/admin per installation instructions, I am greeted with a white screen.

Please advise what steps I have omitted.

Thank You.

Sign in to reply to this post

StephenMartin

You Need to Tweak

You have to do so tweaking. The documentation doesn't tell you that. Nearly everyone has this issue, yet WA has not felt it necessary to make the appropriate addendum to the docs. So some of the members came up with the necessary help. See below.

Look here: 215/

and here: showthread.php?t=8671

I think those cover it, but if not, then I'll see if I can track down some additional docs.

Good luck!

marc38009

Tried That. Not Work.

Thank you for the information. I made those changes but am still receiving a blank screen. If it helps, when I browse to domain.com/CMS I receive:

You don't have permission to access /CMS/ on this server.

I have set permissions to 777.

Please advise.

neilo

What happens when you browse to domain.com/CMS/admin ?

By default there is no index page at domain.com/CMS. You should not expect to find anything there!

marc38009

I realize that.

Yes. I assumed as much. However, I get a blank screen when I go to CMS/admin.

neilo

Hi Marc,

If the entire contents of the CMS102 folder (as downloaded) have been uploaded to a folder called 'CMS', and you have entered the correct details for your database in 'Connections/localhost.php' file, you should expect to see the log in screen by navigating to yoursite.com/CMS/admin

• Check for case sensitivity in the URL you are typing in.
• Check that the details entered for your hostname_localhost (which will probably be 'localhost'), database name, database user name and database user's password are correct.
• Check that the folders and files you have uploaded have uploaded to the CMS directory in the root of your remote site.

If this still fails, please could you post back providing a link to your site?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

When you get a blank page, it usually means there is a PHP error occurring, but error reporting is not enabled.

Add the following at line of the index.php page to turn error reporting on:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

it is possible that the host has not added index.php to the list of default documents, you you may want to add that manually when browsing the to the CMS folder:
/CMS/admin/index.php

marc38009

Can't browse server from image info tab of image upload.

I can't uplaod an image via upload tab but cannot browse server via image info tab.. is there another setting I need to check out?

marc38009

Typo

I meant to say I can upload via upload tab..just cant browse via image info tab.

marc38009

Error Message

This is what I get even though I have disabled safe mode:

There are errors in your configuration or server. If the messages below describe missing variables, please check the supplied configuration.php.dist for notes on their usage.

KFM does not work if you have safe_mode enabled. This is not a bug - please see PHP.net's safe_mode page for details

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...