close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't get the Security assist wizard to work

Thread began 1/06/2010 9:42 am by wschaepe397797 | Last modified 1/08/2010 10:01 am by Jason Byrnes | 1563 views | 6 replies |

wschaepe397797

Can't get the Security assist wizard to work

I am trying to create a login page only.

When I select a DW template (jpg #1)that that I use for the pages, and then select the file I want to go to when successful, it tells me that first that to make a document-relative path, I need to save the document- But I am not done yet. Then if I click on the okay, I get the following message (jpg #2) that the file you have chosen is NOT based upon your selected template and it tells me to chose another file or a different template. It is template based (But in fact the file I have chosen IS based upon my selected template- A_AC-Layout-Mater-2-one_col!!). It will not select the file to go to if successful or the file to go to if login fails.

Then if I try to NOT select a template (jpg #3), and proceed, I get error message (jpg #4) and it tells me that the page I selected is based on the template (that I selected in the first place). In order to chose this page, select the template and an editable region.

So I can't make it work either way. So what do I do??

I just purchased this software because the Adobe Developer toolkit does not work anymore.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

is the page you are selecting open in Dreamweaver? is it a new page that has not been saved yet?

I could see if the template where applied to the page, and the page was not saved before running the Security Assist wizard it would generate that error.

wschaepe397797

The page (beneifts.php) was saved and was not open.

wschaepe397797

If this can't be made to work I would like a refund

If the web assist software can't be made to work, I would like a full refund and I will remove the software from my computer.

In the meantime, I'll just use PHP code to develop the user login form.

Please let me know if this problem can be solved and if not when you will refund my money!

Regards,
Bill Schaepe

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Instead of selecting a file to goto after login, type in the name of a file that does not already exist, The template will automatically be applied to the page.

wschaepe397797

Okay that works but know I get the following errors

I had to save the two .php files I want you to look at as .txt files since I can't upload php files

If you look at members_LogIn_1.php(.txt) you will see that the PHP stuff at the top is missing some <?php and ?> tags. This may be my Dreamweaver doing it. So I added the tags in members_LogIn_2.php(.txt) and I get the following parsing error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ']' in C:\xampp\htdocs\CUCNY_CSS\members_LogIn_2.php on line 182. Somewhere around line 182 I am missing a "]".

Can you look and see where it should go?

Regards,
Bill Schaepe

Attached Files
members_LogIn_1.txt
members_LogIn_2.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There is definitely missing code on the login page. I have never seen the security assist wizard generate a login page like this before.

from line 1 to the doctype tag, the code should look like:

php:
<?php require_once('Connections/columbj7_members.php');?>

<?php 
require_once( "WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php" );?>
<?php
if($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST"){

$WA_Auth_Parameter = array(

"connection" => $columbj7_members,

"database" => $database_columbj7_members,

"tableName" => "members",

"columns" => explode($WA_Auth_Separator,"Lname".$WA_Auth_Separator."ACCOUNT_"),

"columnValues" => explode($WA_Auth_Separator,"".((isset($_POST["username"]))?$_POST["username"]:"")  ."".$WA_Auth_Separator."".((isset($_POST["userpassword"]))?$_POST["userpassword"]:"")  .""),

"columnTypes" => explode($WA_Auth_Separator,"text".$WA_Auth_Separator."text"),

"sessionColumns" => explode($WA_Auth_Separator,"ACCOUNT_"),

"sessionNames" => explode($WA_Auth_Separator,"ACCOUNT_"),

"successRedirect" => "login_benny.php",

"failRedirect" => "login_brnny_not.php",

"gotoPreviousURL" => TRUE,

"keepQueryString" => TRUE

);

WA_AuthenticateUser($WA_Auth_Parameter);
}
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

To send PHP pages, you can compress them into a zip archive and attach the zip file to your message.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...