close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Pre-sales, clients view

Thread began 12/31/2009 5:42 am by va396092 | Last modified 12/31/2009 7:29 am by gruant2000381341 | 1980 views | 6 replies |

va396092

Pre-sales, clients view

I've been researching PowerCMS quite extensively. I am looking for a simple CMS to offer my clients who want to maintain their own content.

My only concern with PowerCMS, thus far, is the Designer Note access/view given to clients. I read in post, on this thread, that the developer had a client who got a little curious and experimented with the Notes. I've had similar incidences in the past...was not pretty!

Questions:

1.) Can one of your Security solutions be integrated with PowerCMS to give client all access except the Designer Note? But, still make it available to the Designer. For example, 2 types of login, perhaps a Developer/Client login. This appears to be a common feature across popular CMS'.

2.) If not, would you consider incorporating this feature in an upcoming upgrade?

Ciao,
Monica

Sign in to reply to this post

gruant2000381341

actually the easiest way to take care of this would be to comment out the code you don't want messed with once you get everything set up the way you want.

gruant2000381341

I found this thread which has info about commenting out those items
showthread.php?t=7637

va396092

Thx Grunt...

I saw that thread and will have to revisit it to get an understanding.
I do understanding the commenting out tag in HTML..just need to see what I'll be commenting out and in what view. On the webpage or in one for the CMS config file?

va396092

Okay, I see that its the menu.php file inside of CSSMenuWriter.
That should do it. I'll play with it upon purchase/install.

Thx again.

gruant2000381341

I haven't really dug into the newest dot release to make sure the files are the same. But according to the other thread, you want to do this in the menu.php file in CSSMenuWriter> cssmw folder about line 25. You do that in code view. And I would comment it out as opposed to deleting it in case the client ever wants more content added. Then you could just delete the <!-- --> instead of re-entering that info

gruant2000381341

I just looked into the newest release (102), and it is the same...line 25

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...