close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ecart and paypal standard

Thread began 12/22/2009 7:33 am by jc1cell390254 | Last modified 12/22/2009 2:43 pm by jc1cell390254 | 1486 views | 4 replies |

jc1cell390254

ecart and paypal standard

Hello to all,

I'm going to begin working on a shopping cart for a client using ecart and paypal standard. The reason for paypal standard is the client is looking to keep her expenses down and the monthly charge for pro is something she can't handle initially.

I only glanced over the ecart documentation and am wondering it actually works. From reading other posts, I interpret that no checkout page needs to be created since it will be using a remote paypal checkout. Am I correct? Do I used their buttons or the add to cart buttons from ecart? What are the basic steps to get ecart and paypal standard playing well together?

Any direction you can lead me towards to begin this on the right footing would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers,
jc

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

using the eCart checkout wizard, you can chose to crate checkout pages for paypal Standard.

jc1cell390254

Here are my planned steps to create the ecommerce store pages.

1. Create Database and populate with data.

2. Create product pages dynamically populated from the database (DA or ecart?)

3. Follow ecart getting started guide for the dynamic store from "Creating an eCart online store" forward. Of course, using my data.

-This should take me through the process of applying "add to cart" buttons. and guiding me towards the integration I need between ecart and paypal standard.

I couldn't see any other steps to follow for completing the site. I interpret the first two as a prequel to the shopping cart creation (that being number three). If there are any steps missing, please reply with some guidance.

Cheers and thanks for the help

jc

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Use data assist to create the product catalog pages.

The ecart getting started guide will walk through adding the add to cart buttons to the page and creating the cart display page.

After that is done, with the cart display page open, run the checkout wizard to create the checkout pages that will process the transaction through paypal standard. See the Checkout wizard tutorial on the Solution Recipe section of the eCart support page:
ecart/

jc1cell390254

Excellent Jason, Thanks.

I'll do my best to get things going properly using Data Assist. Haven't really had the opportunity to get going with it, so I'll be a bit lost at the beginning.

When I have any questions I'll drop a line in the forum.

Thanks again.

jc

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...