close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to edit form

Thread began 12/04/2009 2:44 pm by takingchances6176651 | Last modified 12/09/2009 8:59 pm by Eric Mittman | 1575 views | 5 replies |

takingchances6176651

How to edit form

Once I have used the extension and it has been applied to dreamweaver, how do I edit this form easily?

example

booking.php

The textarea box is too big and I need to make it smaller. How can I easily do this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

In order to make this change you should select the form. In the property inspector you should choose 'edit design'.

From the first dropdown you see select 'form elements'. In the next select list select the text area element.

You can then edit any of the design properties of the text area like it's height and width along with all of the other properties like the color, margin and padding.

takingchances6176651

Thanks! I do have one more question.

In the form I have (example)

( empty space )Name {NAME BOX}

There is a lot of space to the left of the Name as well as all the other labels which makes my form too wide. I'm wanting to get rid of all that extra space to the left that is there for no reason. I can't seem to find where to reduce that size. It's like the Name is in a table that is too large.

I hope that made sense. I'm having a hard time explaining it.

Eric Mittman

This is in a place that is close to the last edit you made. In the property inspector you should choose 'edit design'.

From the first dropdown you see select 'form elements'. Next select 'Element Labels' it is the width setting that you see toward the top that controls how much space there is for the labels, decreasing this value will make the labels area smaller.

takingchances6176651

Thank you for your fantastic support. I got that fixed, but for some reason when I try to make the text area smaller it doesn't work. I see how it is supposed to be done, but when I change it, it doesn't work. It doesn't make it smaller when I hit "apply" and it doesn't change it when I hit finish.

I'm kind of lost. The page is booking.php

Eric Mittman

Are you editing the form, or the design from the property inspector? If you choose to edit the form then the design from there you will be making adjustments to the preset and not the existing form that is applied to the page. If you are choosing to edit the design from within the property inspector and still get this result please let us know and I will open a ticket for you so we can check this out.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...