close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal API Difficulty

Thread began 12/01/2009 6:59 am by pete268226 | Last modified 12/08/2009 5:40 pm by pete268226 | 5683 views | 9 replies |

pete268226

PayPal API Difficulty

I'll move this out of the old thread I tacked it onto.

The text that is returned to me after placing the error-code on my page is: [sensitive items removed]
==============================================
We're sorry

Your transaction could not be completed. Either your credit card information or billing address has problems and cannot be processed

Please return to checkout and try again.

[my sandbox username][my sandbox API password][my sandbox API key]2.2037.80http://www.motherearthessentials.ca/new/pp_confirm.phphttp://www.motherearthessentials.ca/new/pp_cancel.phpAuthorization[my sandbox store API key]2009-11-27T04:25:25ZSuccess41521885eb2f72.201077585EC-6HS49708L1906511V[my sandbox username][my sandbox API password][my sandbox API key]2.20EC-6HS49708L1906511V ;
==============================================

Any help offered here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Pete
Edit/Delete Message

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this looks like the Request that is being sent to payapl, not the response from paypal. We need to be able to see the respone that is coming back from paypal.

The debug code from the other thread, will preface each output with "Full Response" or "Full Request"

If the Full Response is empty, double check that you are entering proper API credentials, an empty response indicates that the paypal server is rejecting the API credentials being used.

pete268226

Hi Jason,
I had the code on the wrong checkout_failure page - it's now on the PP one. The error I get is pasted below. As always, I'd appreciate some assistance, please.

Thanks,
Pete

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[MY SANDBOX USERNAME][MY SANDBOX PASSWORD][SANDBOX API]2.206.30http://www.motherearthessentials.ca/new/pp_confirm.phphttp://www.motherearthessentials.ca/new/pp_cancel.phpAuthorization[SANDBOX API]2009-12-02T03:26:53ZFailure7bd8faa89ef01Security errorSecurity header is not valid10002Error2.201105502[SANDBOX USERNAME]1259294616[SANDBOX API]2.20EC-7S778595138440629
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The security Header is invalid message means that there is a problem with the ap[i credentials you are using. It could be a few things:

You could be using Tesat API Credentials, but it is set to process through the live server, or vice versa.

This error can also happen if you do not except the PayPaL billing agreement.

Sometimes the API Credentials can just be bad, you may want to try requesting new API Credentials.

pete268226

Hi Jason,
Thanks for the feedback. I've tried three different sets of API credentials now. There are two areas of concern. One - when I enter the Sandbox environment as a seller, I can log in with no difficulty. When I follow the WebAssist instructions to go to My Business Setup, that page loads. When I click on the "Get Started" button in order to accept the terms of business, the page from PayPal won't load. I realize this is not a WA problem, but perhaps you've seen it before...

The second is more of a clarification. In the WA_Globals.php, lines 58-61 allow me to set up my sandbox seller access. I have a general Sandbox account with a username/password that I use to access SB. I then have 2 test accounts - one as a seller and one as a buyer. (I understand that I need to change this for the live site with my client's info)
My question is: Which set of usernames/passwords do I use?

$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Sandbox = "true"; //Set to true if you wish to use the PayPal Sandbox for testing transactions.
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_User = "API Username [--] or General Sandbox Account Username [--]";
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Password = "API Password [--] or General Sandbox Account Password [--]";
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Signature = "[--]"; - the API signature is pretty clear; minus trailing/leading spaces

Thanks - I'm eager to get this site launched and don't want to go live just to test it...
Pete

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not sure where yo are seeing these instructions you refer to here:
When I follow the WebAssist instructions to go to My Business Setup, that page loads

can you provide a link to the page or PDF document where you are seeing these instructions so I can look into it.

I nthe WA_Globals, the $WAGLOBAL_Paypal_User, $WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Password and $WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Signature settings are all supposed to use the API credentials.

for the $WAGLOBAL_Paypal_User, use the API User Name. The $WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Password is the API Password and the $WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Signature is the API Signature.

pete268226

Thanks for the clarification on the API/WA username correlation. The directions I tried to use are on page 2 of this document: paypal_sandbox.pdf.

I found a clear set of instructions that read like this:
1. Login to developer.paypal.com
2. Click on 'Test Accounts' in menu on the left
3. Select radio button of your business account and then click on 'Enter Sandbox Test Site'
4. New window opens, you need to type in password of your test account
5. When administration page shows, click on Profile link
6. Click on API access link
7. View API Certificate or Request API Certificate

After following this advice, I was able to sort out my API sandbox credentials. I have tried three versions of newly-created credentials and have even tried to use the live credentials with penny-transactions - all to no avail. Here are the steps I follow to get as far as I do. As you hear often, I'm experiencing some pressure to get this site launched - but cannot do so until PayPal is sorted out...

Thanks,
Pete

================================
1. I enter the site (cleared cache/cookies, etc)
2. I add a product to the cart (this problem occurs both as a registered and unregistered customer)
3. I press CHECKOUT; then I press the PAY WITH PAYPAL button.
4. I'm asked to sign in to my buyer sandbox paypal account - success
5. I see a review page and then a CONTINUE button - which then fails and brings me back to my page - but it's the checkout_failure.php page, not the pp_checkout_failure.php - which seems odd to me.
6. The info I receive is not that useful but I've pasted it below here:

We're sorry
Your transaction could not be completed. Either your credit card information or billing address has problems and cannot be processed
Please return to checkout and try again.
[seller API username][seller API password][seller API signature]2.200.02http://www.motherearthessentials.ca/new/pp_confirm.phphttp://www.motherearthessentials.ca/new/pp_cancel.phpAuthorization[seller API signature]2009-12-06T19:46:58ZSuccessd9d9a8cc77a032.201105502EC-4BY1648761560392J[seller API username][seller API password][seller API signature]2.20EC-4BY1648761560392J
Paypal Full Response : [there is no information shown here]
USPS Full Request :
USPS Full Response :

==============
My WA_Globals.php settings are:

$WAGLOBAL_Gateway = 1; //Enter the appropriate value based on the above key. PayPal is specified by default.
$WAGLOBAL_Test_Mode = false; //Set to true if you are testing your shopping cart and do not want to send information to your payment gateway.

//Only complete the payment gateway options for the gateway you have selected to use in the $WAGLOBAL_Gateway setting.

//PayPal Settings
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Sandbox = "true"; //Set to true if you wish to use the PayPal Sandbox for testing transactions.
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_User = "**APIUsername**";
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Password = "**APIPassword**";
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Signature = "**Signature**";

//Authorize.net Settings
$WAGLOBAL_Authnet_Sandbox = "true"; //Set to true if you wish to use the Authorize.net Sandbox for testing transactions.
$WAGLOBAL_Authnet_login = "";
$WAGLOBAL_Authnet_tran_key = "";

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

have you made any changes to the checkout pages? When the transaction fails form the pp_checkout page, it should take you to the pp_checkout_failure page like you guess.

try downloading the PowerStore files again and overwriting the checkout pages wit hthe origianl ones just in case something has been changed.

pete268226

Now I'm just being returned to an empty cart and no update in the database with a new order...

If I try it a second time, it's going to checkout_failure.php page; so not only is this not successful, but it's still going to the wrong failure page. If I put the error code request on each page, the results for PayPal Full Response are empty.

I've replaced fresh copies of:
cart.php
checkout_failure.php
checkout_success.php
checkout.php
confirm.php
pp_cancel.php
pp_checkout_failure.php
pp_checkout_success.php
pp_confirm.php

pete268226

This was resolved - I had the shipping enabled but nothing set up; hence a shipping failure. Thanks to Jason for his patience on it.

Pete

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...