close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Does anyone know if I would beable to connect to my database hosted with godaddy

Thread began 11/25/2009 7:36 am by xberniex250371773 | Last modified 11/25/2009 7:34 pm by lgw336173 | 1512 views | 5 replies |

xberniex250371773

Does anyone know if I would beable to connect to my database hosted with godaddy

I'm going crazy trying to connect to my database that is hosted with godaddy. I just read a little forum on adobe website and the guy was saying you can't connect it a DB hosted GD. Does anyone know if that is true or false and or if what I should do besides go to godaddy and beat them up because they would have known this already and have me going crazy thinking I'm stupid. Em stupid people? Don't answer that I need help. Mentally. Because of godaddy

P.S Please help I just want to be happy and launch this freakin site already.
Thanks mucho
One hour to reply before I self destruct
Bernie

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Bad luck - have a cup 'o tea and a fag.

There is some info Here that might help, if not post back.

It might be worth telling GoDaddy why you are about to beat them up in case they have some useful advice for you.

Office Guy-172461

Not to beat-up a hosting company, but you might save yourself a lot of grief down the road by selecting another host. GoDaddy has their own way of doing things that causes problems with dynamic sites. As soon as someone mentions that their host is GoDaddy, all the normal procedures sort-of go out the window. After dealing with their tech support for a client, I decided to not do anything more with them.

I have no problem with their registration service. I think they must farm out their hosting.

Just my opinion.

evansg7124312885

I use GoDaddy and have successfully written PHP and ASP

I did not see what type of site you are creating, PHPs are easy to connect to and what I use in most of my work. If you are working on ASP, I had problems that were resolved by using a DNSless connection. The steps for this are in Dreamweaver help under DNSless connection. The MapPath is what will be critical for you as well as will each command in the string you must write.

clickhappy392103

I use godaddy too

I use godaddy, have set up prob around 50 sites with mysql...no problems. In fact, I think theirs is one of the more user friendly set-ups I have had to mess with. One thing about them...the db name and user name usually are the same. That may be what is tripping you up.

LWag48648773

I too had trouble with Go Daddy but it was a silly mistake

As another poster asked - is this PHP and SQL? If so, should not be a problem. A few weeks back I was also almost ripping my hair out and blaming Go Daddy but it turned out I had settings wrong in DW. I was getting username/password errors and I checked them over and over. Check your testing server settings. I don't get it. I wasn't even using the testing server but once I set that up the same as the remote, everything was fine.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...