close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

IE8 viewing issue?

Thread began 11/24/2009 2:10 pm by swbgraphix | Last modified 11/25/2009 12:48 pm by Jason Byrnes | 5494 views | 15 replies |

swbgraphix

IE8 viewing issue?

Hi Guys,
I loaded up PowerStore with PowerCMS back in May and we walked through some of the image uploading errors together. My client is contacting me now with this viewing error within CMS in IE8. I've attached a PDF of a side by side viewing with Firefox and IE8 from his computer. I'm mac and can't see this.

Also somehow his entries on the homepage are now showing up bold. I have attached the local areas of the CMS to edit within my CSS styling on the pages. All the other pages are fine. Just the home page and only on IE8.

Do we have some IE8 issues (wow, imagine that)?
site is www.walkwaygroup.com
Thanks for your input!

Attached Files
IE8_Firefox.pdf
Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Click inside the second block of text (paragraph beginning: 'Depending on your specific needs . . . ) and in the CSS Styles panel change 'font-size' from '110%' to '12px'. That should sort it out.

Alternatively, find the line (somewhere around line 200) and change it there:

<div style="line-height: 150%; float:left; width:269px; font-size: 110%; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">

to

<div style="line-height: 150%; float:left; width:269px; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">

swbgraphix

Neilo,
Thanks for the find. Found those and fixed. Great job, thanks.

Any thoughts on the CMS menu's not showing?

neilo

Nice one, - glad it worked.

Will look at the menu from this end, but again difficult without original files. Will have a look!

neilo

Sorry - Which CMS Menus? Can you give a bit more info, - another screen-capture?

I'm an idiot - you already posted them.

swbgraphix

It's the CMS home page. In IE8 only the first 9 button links to my pages are showing, but in Firefox et al all 26 page link buttons are showing up. I will reattach a side by side comparison from my clients screen grab of the two browsers.

Attached Files
IE8_Firefox.pdf

neilo

WA Guy / Expert help needed here.

No - I don't know about this - I would have to go some way to be able to reproduce the conditions here.

Jason, Ray etc will probably have the answer to this.

clickhappy392103

One thing I noticed (novice here ) in regards to the bold font. In the source code, there are tons of <p>tags...just by glancing, I don't think that they are all closed. I was looking around line 205.

swbgraphix

Originally Said By: clickhappy392103
  One thing I noticed (novice here ) in regards to the bold font. In the source code, there are tons of <p>tags...just by glancing, I don't think that they are all closed. I was looking around line 205.  

Clickhappy, I saw that also when using view source in the Firefox web developer tool bar. But I have no access to those in my original code as the client in the CMS program has somehow done that. When I download to dreamweaver I don't see any of those, only the PHP code to link to the CMS. How can I get in and delete those?

Any ideas?
Thanks for your time!

swbgraphix

Neilo,
Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.
Yeah I'm hoping for Eric or Jason to chime in here soon!

HELP guys it's me again!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...