close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerGallery Demo Site

Thread began 11/20/2009 3:28 pm by Hieu Bui | Last modified 11/23/2009 10:30 am by Justin Nemeth | 2371 views | 9 replies |

Hieu Bui

PowerGallery Demo Site

There's a working demo site of PowerGallery that you can access at:

powergallery-demo.com

You can walk through the setup wizard, access the admin portal, and check out the sample galleries. For more info, check out the product page:

powergallery/

Sign in to reply to this post

mick106153

2 questions

In the demo with the t-shirts. Can a buy button be included on the t-shirt (or whatever) that pops-up?
Can the watermark text be modified in such away as to make it barely distinguishable?
Adding transparency and/or 3D effects to the text and the like.

Mick

vernon webb

I have purchased and am currently using this solution. I like what it has thus far but was a little surprised when there was no main gallery page that displayed all the galleries for my users, instead of just for the admin. I do see that I can place code into a web page that I create and of course that shouldn't be that difficult to do, but was expecting something more.

As for the watermark, I was also surprised that I could only add a simple text watermark. What would be nice is if I could at least change the font and do embossing, drop-shadows and other such text changes. I would actually had preferred if I could upload my own image watermark though.

~Vern

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We appreciate the feedback. Keep suggestions coming, we appreciate the feedback and suggestions for improvements.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

vernon webb

Just wondering if there is an easy way to display the exif information on each photo. Any ideas?

Justin Nemeth

Originally Said By: vernon19370
  Just wondering if there is an easy way to display the exif information on each photo. Any ideas?  

Reading the exif data is not directly supported in PowerGallery, but PHP has support for this. Take a look at function.exif-read-data.php which is a function to retrieve all the exif data. PowerGallery could be customized to read this data on import or something like that.

Office Guy-172461

Originally Said By: Hieu Bui
  There's a working demo site of PowerGallery that you can access at:

powergallery-demo.com

You can walk through the setup wizard, access the admin portal, and check out the sample galleries.  

The installation wizard is really slick and I think this demo will make a lot of people feel more comfortable with the process. The server setup checks are great. It took longer to download than it did to install. :)

Have you thought about making "localhost" a default for the Host? This has caused confusion in the past.

I like the direction you're going with the new products.

clickhappy392103

I agree, the layout looks really nice. I would also be very interested in the ability to add a buy now button. I currently have a site that I sell pdf downloads on and I would love to add this solution to that site....if I could drop in the code for the paypal button on the image.

andy.schofield283961

Looks great, how well does it integrate

Having the demo site available answered a lot of my questions, big step in the right direction with this, happened to find the link off the forum not directly off the site, so got a little lucky.

Having purchased PowerCMS a few weeks ago and spent a considerable time customising it, I am hoping that the next 'Power' product can be integrated with ease so that a single login is easily accomplished and a general look and feel for the admin area is a simple process.

Can anyone confirm either of these are doable out of the box.

Thanks

Andy

Justin Nemeth

Originally Said By: andy.schofield283961
  Having the demo site available answered a lot of my questions, big step in the right direction with this, happened to find the link off the forum not directly off the site, so got a little lucky.

Having purchased PowerCMS a few weeks ago and spent a considerable time customising it, I am hoping that the next 'Power' product can be integrated with ease so that a single login is easily accomplished and a general look and feel for the admin area is a simple process.

Can anyone confirm either of these are doable out of the box.

Thanks

Andy  

Thanks for the suggestions. PowerGallery will not provide single sign on with the other solutions at this time. This could be customize to work how you want though. Choose one solution as your baseline, then update the others to login using the same information (i.e. check against a globals file or check against a database)

-justin

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...