close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart checkout wizard

Thread began 11/18/2009 9:40 pm by david331670 | Last modified 11/19/2009 2:22 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2867 views | 7 replies |

david331670

eCart checkout wizard

How can I edit or alter the eCart Checkout wizard information?
I have created the checkout for my testing server at localhost:8888/ ( with much hair pulling). Do I need to go through that process again to load to my web server with my website address? or is it easily changed in source code. If so do I just "find and change the Localhost "href" to my actual web site address as well as change the "Checkout Wizards" created pages including payPal express pages and the WA_eCart folder
OR BETTER YET
is there a way to view and edit the wizard info page by page?? I should be so lucky
I am using PayPal "Payflow Pro"
Appreciate your assistance in advance-
FYI Brisbane Australia time difference
David

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The checkout pages created for payflow pro should not have the localhost domain referenced anywhere. There should be any changes that need to be made to the checkout pages to test them on your remote server.

david331670

eCart checkout Wizard

Thank you for your reply
This is my first cart with ecart.
Getting started guide , page 125, has "site address" as local host, I assumed this was what was required for my "Local" testing server.
I now assume I put my actual site address here as well as the 2 PayPal express "order confirmation-Cancel URL's.
Does this mean I need to recreate the pages or can I alter the "href" in the source code for those pages.
Thank again
David

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You alter the href in the source code for those pages.

david331670

ecart checkout Wizard

Thank you very much

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

david331670

eCart

Can you save the Checkout Wizard"s pages or edit the pages once completed?
At the moment you need to complete each page before you can see what the next one holds.
If you dont have all the info you need, you need to restart the whole exercise again every time you change anything in any part of the setup.

It would also be nice if you could advance to the end, page by page without filling in each page to preview and instead of just finish or cancel buttons at the end a "Save" button so you can edit and finish later.
Regards
David

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The check wizard settings cannot be saved.

Once the checkout pages have been created by the wizard, you can edit the server behaviors that are applied to the pages to modify the settings.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...