close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Noob - blank page after HTML Editor install

Thread began 11/17/2009 11:05 pm by pete268226 | Last modified 11/20/2009 12:59 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1806 views | 9 replies |

pete268226

Noob - blank page after HTML Editor install

OK, I don't get it. I installed the extention with no trouble. Ran a basic config with no file managment. Uploaded the new page (Products_Insert.php from PowerStore2) and the HTML_Editor directory that included the custom file created.

Refreshed and...! The page is blank.

I am sure that I've just missed something simple - but cannot find it in any of the documentation. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pete

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

When a page displays blank, it means there is a php error occurring, but error reporting has been turned off so it is not being displayed.

add the following code at line 1 of the page to enable error reporting:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

pete268226

Hi Jason,

Here is the resulting error:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/html/new/Admin/Products_Update.php:6) in /var/www/html/new/WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_ValidatedForm_PHP.php on line 3

I would appear that I'm somehow dealing with two headers...?

Thanks,
Pete

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That error basically means that there is some output to the page before the session start function is used.

according toi the error:
output started at /var/www/html/new/Admin/Products_Update.php:6

the ouptput is arund line 5 or 6.

Usually it is either a blank line between ending php code block and a starting php code block:
[php]
?>

<?php
[/php

or it can be a space after the end of the php code block:
"?> "

For more details, see the following
http://www.ipvac.com/kb/entry/148/

pete268226

OK, so that seemed to deal with the multiple headers issue. I re-installed the HTML editor on my form item and now receive this error:
"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare createrichtexteditor() (previously declared in /var/www/html/new/HTMLEditor/WARichEditorPHP.php:3) in /var/www/html/new/WA_iRite/WARichEditorPHP.php on line 16"

Again, any help would be appreciated,
Pete

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

sounds like the line:
<?php require_once("HTMLEditor/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>

is on the page more than once.

pete268226

PowerStore provides iRite while my addition requires HTMLEditor. There were two calls for that .js file - one from each. I eliminated the line that called for the iRite version.

I receive no errors but the HTML editor does not show up on the text-box - it's just a blank white space that I cannot click into. It seems to have an id of "xEditingArea".

I did upload the .js file that was generated - did I miss another upload?

On a broader note, I think part of why I'm confused is that the smaller WA apps are utilized within larger solutions (like HTML Editor inside of PowerStore2) but there is little documentation on how to modify what exists within the provided framework. All the tutorials presume that one wishes to create something new but doesn't discuss how to take further that which is provided. It seems to be a common theme - everyone appreciates the function of the software without having to become coders, and the advice needed is often just a nudge in the right direction. (Just my 2ยข worth of observation...)

Thanks,
Pete

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Sorry I missed the part where you said this was a power store page.

The Problem is that you cannot have an iRite instance on the page and an HTML Editor Instance at the same time.

before you can add an HTML Editor Instance to the page, you need to update the iRite instances that are already there.

For each iRite Instance, select it in design view. In the property Inspector, click the edit button.

From the editor preset list, select Default File manager Enabled.

then click OK, for the first one, the site preferences will open, select the enable file management option, then click the folder icon next to image upload path and select the the Images/Upload folder.

Once you have updated all of the iRite instances, find the following line:
<?php require_once("../WA_iRite/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>

and comment it out:
<?php //require_once("../WA_iRite/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>

then test the page.

you can then add in your new form element and apply the HTML Editor to it.

pete268226

Solved!

Thanks Jason - the update worked well. I also had to reset my server behaviours and it's working. Thanks (again!)

-Pete

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

excellent, glade to hear it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...