close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS MenuWriter 2.0 breaks PowerStore 2.0 Menus

Thread began 11/11/2009 7:03 pm by elton | Last modified 11/12/2009 2:14 pm by Eric Mittman | 775 views | 1 replies |

elton

CSS MenuWriter 2.0 breaks PowerStore 2.0 Menus

Can this be fixed/enhanced to solve the problem
?
When attempting to use CSSMenuWriter 2.03 to update PowerStore 2.01 menu (just changing one content url) it breaks the Products (catagory) links to all Product menu subitems. The problem is that when it re-writes the menu, it leaves out the $Search parameters


<li><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>Products_Results.php?Search=true&CategoryID=<?php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryID"]; ?>"><?php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryName"]; ?></a></li>

becomes

($assumedRoot); ?>Products_Results.php"><?php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryName"]; ?></a></li>

It also changes other sections of menu.php removing the

$WA_localRoot = "" .$WAGLOBAL_localRoot ."";
$WA_remoteRoot = "" .$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot. "";

and replacing with

$WA_localRoot = "/";
$WA_remoteRoot = "/";

The PHP change for split/explode does not seem to be a problem
$WA_ddsArray = split("/", $WA_thisFile);
to
$WA_ddsArray = explode("/", $WA_thisFile);

I noticed that in treexml.xml,
that it changed one item as well:
mmtreecolumn name width from was expanded from 135 to 232.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I did a test of this with the latest PowerStore v2 files and what I experienced was that when I altered the menu the parameters for the specific category links remained in tact, here is what it looks like for me in the code after I finish:

php:
<li><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>Products_Results.php?Search=true&CategoryID=<?php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryID"]; ?>"><?php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryName"]; ?></a></li>



I did notice however that the local and remote roots went to their default values, this part I had to update manually after the fact. I also noticed that the split function remained intact for me.

Please describe the exact steps you took when making the edits and I will do some more checking to try and determine what is going on.

Sign in to reply to this post

elton

Response leaves no guidance as to what to do to debug

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...