close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

UE 307 javascript error cannot find file

Thread began 11/10/2009 10:48 pm by Roland Rogers | Last modified 3/26/2010 10:52 pm by dlovas275157 | 2876 views | 10 replies |

Roland Rogers

UE 307 javascript error cannot find file

Hi,
I've searched the forum and can not find a post that matches my error. I am implementing Universal Email 3.0.7 for a simple email form and get a javascript error that I can not figure out.

(Vista, DW CS4)

I have deleted the wincache file and restarted Dreamweaver with the same results.

It starts: "While executing timer in WA Universal Email.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:"

At line 413 of file << it proceeds to point to a location that does not exist on my computer >> \WA_Configuration.js": Cannot find file << points to another non existing location on my computer >> \old WAUniversalEmail.xml"

HELP please! I have a number of email forms I need to create and upgrade from previous versions of UE.

Thanks in advance,
- Roland

Sign in to reply to this post

cpfusion

I am also having this problem since upgrading to the latest version, please see linked screengrabs:-

san

sap

I removed old extension first, installed new version and have also deleted the MacFileCache.dat file, but still no joy.

I also urgently need to send out some emails, is there a quick fix for this. Or should I try reverting back to the previous version?

UPDATE: I have uninstalled 3.07 and re-installed 3.06 and all seems to be fine again.

Craig

Dani Chankhour

I recommend that you delete your configuration folder and install the new Universal Email dot release.

This link explains the steps:

146/

Roland Rogers

Are you sure?!

Thanks Dani - I tried the winfilecache delete to no avail. Are you surte about the Configuration folder delete? It sounds like it will uninstall all of my installed extensions and then need to reinstall them which represents hours of work!

Craig - I tried to roll back to version 3.0.6 but it crashed DW CS4 each time I tried to open UE.

Something is truly messed up and I can not afford the lost time!

Thanks for both of your responses. I'll give it a shot and hope it works. Will post back my results.

Roland Rogers

Still need help!

Hi - I could still use some tech help from a Web Assist tech. I got off thephone with WA to see if I could talk to a person about htis but they told me to repost the issue.

My main concern is the deleting of the entire configuration folder and losing connections to all of my other installed extensions. My issue seems to be related to a missing file which does not exist on my system - I looked for it!

Here is a link to the two errors I receive, one after the other.

WAUE_Error.pdf

I used WAUE with DW MX 04 with no problems - then upgraded to DW CS4 along with all new WA extensions and now have these issues.

I tried version 3.0.6 and get the same problem.

Any help please! I have new and existing sites that I need to get updated with email receipts and message forms!

Thanks!

- Roland

Dani Chankhour

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having. I have uploaded the missing configuration file to:

staging.webassist.com/dchankhour/Configuration/WA_Configuration.zip

Please uninstall UE 3.0.6 and install UE 3.0.7 and look in the specified location to see if the file exists and if it does not please extract the zip to the same location. Delete the winfilecache and start DW.

Let me know once you download the file so i can remove it from the server.

Roland Rogers

Got it

I got the file, thanks. Trying the procedure now...

Roland Rogers

Nope

I did as instructed but no go. Same error with the file you provided.

I see you wrote the Config JS page! Is there any other clue as to where this could be going wrong or how it can be fixed? My screen shots of the two errors is still up if needed.

Thanks for your continued help!

- Roland

Roland Rogers

Got it!

OK - I figured it out. I not only uninstalled the extension, I deleted the original mxp file and re-downloaded the extension.

Before installing I went and deleted the left over Universal Email folder from the Library folder, then reinstalled the extension.

All is now good with version 3.0.7! I am quite relieved. I hope this helps someone else if they run into the same issue.

- Roland

Dani Chankhour

Thanks for posting pack to the forum. I'm sure someone will find this information helpful.

Thanks.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...