close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problem with ending a session

Thread began 11/05/2009 9:05 am by Roxana | Last modified 11/06/2009 3:38 pm by Roxana | 2157 views | 6 replies |

Roxana

Problem with ending a session

Hi,

I have set up the checkout_success page to sent a confirmation mail.

When I place a new order, the order number on the success page increases by one, however the order number of the confirmation mail does not. For example the new order no. shown in the browser is 130. The order number shown in the confirmation mail is 125. If I order three items, the confirmation mail shows three lines, but the item displayed is from order no. 125. Yesterday the numbers for the confirmation mail stayed at the same number, this morning, the number was correct, but now stays at the first order number of today.

I suspect, that the session is somewhat ended, but not entirely (if that is possible).

After the html tag this code is added:
<?php
mysql_free_result($rsorders);

// Initialize the session.
// If you are using session_name("something"), don't forget it now!
session_start();

// Unset all of the session variables.
$_SESSION = array();

// If it's desired to kill the session, also delete the session cookie.
// Note: This will destroy the session, and not just the session data!
if (isset($_COOKIE[session_name()])) {
@setcookie(session_name(), '', time()-42000, '/');
}

// Finally, destroy the session.
session_destroy();
?>

Do I need to make a change to this code? Or what else could be wrong?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

On the confirm page, double check the code order.

In the Server behaviors list, make sure the eCart Store Order Summary and Store Order Details behaviors are before the Universal Email behavior.

If the universal Email behavior is first, select it in the list, then change to code view, the Universal Email code will be highlighted, go to Edit -> Cut. If any blank lines are left between php tags:
1- ?>
2-
3- <?php

delete them.

Next in the server behavior list, select hte store order details behavior. This will select the store order details code in code view. Place you cursor at the end of the selected code and goto edit -> Paste to paste the UE code back in.

Roxana

Hi Jason,

The problem is with the UE behavior on the checkout success page, not on the confirm page.

However, the UE behavior is not visible in the behavior window, but in the code it is after the eCart Store Order Summary and Store Order Details behaviors.

When I get the UE behavior on the success page to work, I will no longer need the UE behavior on the confirm page.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you send a copy of the success apge and WA_UniversalEmail folder so I can take a look.

Roxana

Hi Jason,

Where would you like me to send the files to?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I created a support ticket for you, please attach them to the support ticket.

Roxana

Thank you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...