close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Results page with search

Thread began 10/29/2009 6:59 am by John Langer | Last modified 10/30/2009 12:38 pm by Eric Mittman | 1952 views | 4 replies |

John LangerBeta Tester

Results page with search

Hi,

I have a DA results page with a search form. The search for has two dropdown lists, one parent and one child. I want to create a Dynamic Dropdown so that you can only search for the child item after selecting the parent item. Sounds straightforward but doesn't seem to work. I have this working fine on the insert page but not on the search area of the results page. Is it because of the S_ suffix? Do I need to carry out a bit of hand coding?

Any help appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

One the page where you have the dropdowns working what is the value that the child passes? Is this the same value that you have defined the the search criteria?

What part exactly is not working, the dynamic dropdowns part or the results from the search? Please post back with some more info about this and I will try to help you figure out what is going on.

John LangerBeta Tester

Hi Eric,

The search works fine, no problems at all. The drop downs for the search were all created with DA and all worked straight out of the box so to speak.

The aim of this area of my site is to allow people to upload files into folders and then for others to see those files and download them. This is all based on a security assist user level criteria. So level one can only upload to level one folder and only see level ones sub folders. Level two can see both level one and two, level three can see three, two and one, and so on.

In the insert page I created the dynamic drop downs so that if logged in as level one the sub folders displayed in the child drop down only showed those sub folders associated with level one. If level two is logged in they can chose from the parent drop down either the level one or two parent folder and then that displays the appropriate set of sub folders in the child drop down.

Now the results page I have set up so that the displayed results show according to the user level of log in. In the search area I have the parent drop down only displaying the parent folders appropriate to the login. I apply dynamic drop down to the parent list and then the behaviour to the child list. When run the second (child list) doesn't display anything.

My question was is this because it's a search form. Should I be doing something different because of this. The child list behaviour (populate list from array) shows the "S_" prefix to the source list and target list fields.

John LangerBeta Tester

Now Working

Don't ask me how but this is now working. After deleting and installing the behaviour several times, this last time made it work!

I can only assume that I had been doing something wrong but what I haven't a clue. I had walked away from it for several hours so maybe a fresh mind was all it needed.

Still it's working now, so "all's well that ends well" as someone once said! :)

Eric Mittman

That is great to hear that it is working well for you now. Thanks for the detailed description of what interaction is going on, it always helps to have a little of the background info when it is relevant like this.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...