close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Need help determining if this software...

Thread began 10/25/2009 3:43 pm by odemus392122 | Last modified 10/25/2009 7:22 pm by anonymous | 1450 views | 1 replies |

odemus392122

Need help determining if this software...

...will do what I want it to.

I'm looking for a DW extension that will allow me to create a dynamic dependent drop down menu for user selections. Basically I just want something for PhP that will allow customers to choose Gender, Style, Color and so on from individual drop downs with each succeeding drop down pulling the relevant info from the database. Any information on how best to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm kind of flabbergasted at how difficult such a seemingly simple operation is. I'm essentially looking to accomplish this: ?fdo=n

If you click on each selection you'll notice the page refreshes while the relevant information is pulled from the database to populate the next dropdown menu. I'd just like to know what the best way is to accomplish this behavior, as well as be sure that it's compatible with my shopping cart. It seems like the web is completely dry on good info for this.

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Hey there,

Your link does not work... but I believe dynamic dropdowns will do exactly what you want. It allows you to create "drill down" arrays that load based on user selection. It then loads the new array in subsequent drop downs (or lists). Of you course you can modify it for various dynamic menu sets.

If you check the support section, there is a PDF for instructions... that might give you a better idea of what it can do.

dynamic-dropdowns/

Best regards,

Brian

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...