close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Pages not working

Thread began 10/21/2009 6:48 am by micja3389704 | Last modified 10/23/2009 3:47 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2354 views | 7 replies |

micja3389704

Pages not working

I have loaded powerstore onto my site, changed some of the global settings, made some cosmetic and text changes to the index file, then uploaded the site. At first glance, things look okay on the first page, just need to do some tweaking. If I click on any of the top nav buttons, they go to either "webpage cannot be found" or:

The requested URL /Products_Results.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at overheadshelf.com Port 80

I did go into the admin area and entered a test product to see if that would make a product page come up, but still the same result. The only nav button that goes to the 404 is the product button, the rest go to "webpage cannot be found". None of the drop down menus work, they disappear if you try to go down to them.

All the text links on the bottom go to pages, but none of the nav buttons on those pages work either. However, the drop downs on those pages do allow you to click them, they just do the same thing--they either go to a 404 or not found page.

Login and Register buttons do the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michelle

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hi Michelle,

That will be a problem with setting the correct paths. Could you post a link to your page so that the guys here will have something to take a look at when they check this out?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the WA_Globals.php file, make sure the $WAGLOBAL_Root_URL and $WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot are set correctly.

it sounds like the $WAGLOBAL_Root_URL is set to the root of you domain, but the power store files are stored in a sub folder.

if the PowerStore files are uploaded to:
powerstore/

then the $WAGLOBAL_Root_URL should be set as:
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://www.mydomain.com/powerstore/";

and the $WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot should be set as:
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/powerstore/";

micja3389704

Thanks Neilo and Jason

Jason, I did try the changes you recommended, and it worked!! You got me pointed in the right direction...the other one I missed was the localhost setting, but figured it out by what you gave me. I appreciate the help! And Neilo, thanks too. I do love that everyone does try to help out here. It's great.

I'm going to keep working my way through, so I am sure I will have more questions, but at least this LETS me keep going. Thanks again.

micja3389704

Still one part of my problem existing...

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  In the WA_Globals.php file, make sure the $WAGLOBAL_Root_URL and $WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot are set correctly.

it sounds like the $WAGLOBAL_Root_URL is set to the root of you domain, but the power store files are stored in a sub folder.

if the PowerStore files are uploaded to:
powerstore/

then the $WAGLOBAL_Root_URL should be set as:
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://www.mydomain.com/powerstore/";

and the $WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot should be set as:
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/powerstore/";  

When I go to the "Home" page (index) of the site, the drop downs are not functional. They drop, but if you try to put your cursor on one of the options to choose it, the drop down disappears. If I go to any other page in the store, the drop downs all work. Any ideas?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please post a link so i can see the problem in a browser.

micja3389704

posting site

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  Please post a link so i can see the problem in a browser.  

Jason, is there a way I can send you the link without posting it publicly on the site?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a private support ticket for you to send the link.

to view and edit the support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...