close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

iRite "paste as text" popup window

Thread began 10/14/2009 3:24 am by office377308 | Last modified 10/14/2009 4:55 pm by Eric Mittman | 1105 views | 1 replies |

office377308

iRite "paste as text" popup window

Hi,
I have two textera fields on an update page which I use with iRite. If I use them in a browser window everything works fine, but if I want to paste text into the upper textera field a window pops up and iRite says "Please paste as text". Whereas the second textera field just lets me paste the text without this popup. (see attachement) I would like to have both without popups but can't find the configuration entry.
I have looked at the acording .js files in WA_iRite/custom folder but they seem identical.
Any hint, please?

Thank you

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Do you have a link to where this can be seen at all? There may be a whole page editor option enabled for the editor that is giving the message.

As a test to see if it has to do with the configuration that one is using over the other look in the source code at the iRite instances. The second to the last value of the instance should be the path to the custom config. Mine is called test and looks like this:

php:
$WARichTextEditor_1 = CreateRichTextEditor ("test", "WA_iRite/", "100%", "200px", "Default", "../custom/test_test1.js", "");

In this example it is the ../custom/test_test1.js that is the path to the custom config. Try copying the code for both to a temporary file for safe keeping, then update the first instances custom config path to be like the second, then test the pages. Please let us know what you experience when you switch up the configs on these.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...