close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

links in iRite

Thread began 10/12/2009 9:01 am by john.cummins125554 | Last modified 10/12/2010 8:24 am by Ray Borduin | 4546 views | 15 replies |

john.cummins125554

links in iRite

When I try to add different links, i.e. go to new page or show pop-up window, if I change one link the other links stop working!
Can I only have one link per iRite item?

Sign in to reply to this post

jmitchell66483

Link Selection

Make sure that you only select whatever it is that you are linking. If for example you have a link on something, then you add text for another link, make sure it is not a part of the first link.

A quick code workaround is to go to code view, then copy and paste this where you want your link to go:
<a href="yourlink.php">Put your link text name</a>

john.cummins125554

The links are in seperate places, and seperated by other text, no link 'touches' another.

I don't understand your point about using code view as I'm using iRite to populate a field in a database, how will code view help? do you think I'm using iRite to create a webpage within Dreamweaver? and surely if I could use code view as a 'work around' I wouldn't have paid for a utility that allows me not to have to use code view?

or have I missed something?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

There is a "Source" button that will take you to code view in iRite.

How are you adding the links? Are you using the most recent version of iRite? What broswer are you using? Any chance you have a URL where I can view and reproduce the problem?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

john.cummins125554

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  There is a "Source" button that will take you to code view in iRite.

How are you adding the links? Are you using the most recent version of iRite? What broswer are you using? Any chance you have a URL where I can view and reproduce the problem?  

where is the "Source" button? I can't see it
I'm using 1.0.3 and I'm creating ASP pages not PHP
I've tested on IE7 and Firefox.

here is the url...
manSTATICtext_Detail.asp?spID=1

you'll see the links in bold

neilo

All links on that page are working fine for me on Vista, with FireFox, IE8 and Safari. I assume you got it sorted?

john.cummins125554

Originally Said By: neilo
  All links on that page are working fine for me on Vista, with FireFox, IE8 and Safari. I assume you got it sorted?  

The links work but the only way I can get all of the links to work after changing one is to change all of them! my question is why do I have to change all links when I only want to update one of them?

This will be used by people who want to keep their site updated, they want a 'simple' way of adding 'formatted' text to their pages, I assumed that iRite was the tool to use however I’m not so sure now

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have opened a support incident so that we can look into this with you further.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

john.cummins125554

thanks Ray

neilo

Sorry John - see what you mean now. If it's any consolation, iRite is the tool you need once Ray has helped sort out your glitch. I've used it on a client site where the client regularly inserts multiple links, and it is the ideal solution and works just fine.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...