close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Different Sizes options

Thread began 10/08/2009 8:29 am by admin297653 | Last modified 10/08/2009 4:49 pm by Dave_A | 1304 views | 2 replies |

admin297653

Different Sizes options

Hi,
I am struggling a little with my first ecart site and cannot seem to find a suitable resolution on the similar forum posts I have read. The site I have is a static one, using php and I am dealing with add to cart coding on the product pages only

I have some products which have 2 size options, and each size has a different price. For ease of reference, let’s say option 1 is £5 and option 2 is £10
I have managed to set up my add to cart on the product page and coded the option list to reflect the price/size differences. These are carried over to the cart successfully on a single purchase, however, if then the other option is chosen and added to the cart, I end up with 2 of the same item at the originally chosen price.
In other words, if I choose option 1 at £5, then return to the product page to buy option 2 as well, option 2 is added to the cart as 2 x option 1 at a total purchase price £10. The situation is reversed if option 2 is chosen first.

From reading other posts I believe this is to do with the add to cart coding/bindings, but I struggle to follow the instructions as the scenarios are different to mine.

Would it be possible to guide me through the process step by step so that I can understand what should be happening and where I am going wrong here?

Please bear in mind that I am a novice.

Any help or advice is gratefully received

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

open the add to cart page, and double click the eCart Object server behavior to open the eCart Object editor.

On the Column tab, set the unique attribute for the Size column so that different size options will be treated as unique products.

Dave_A

Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

I have followed your suggestion and that has worked.

I am very grateful as ever for your continued support

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...