close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Go Advanced Option

Thread began 10/07/2009 12:11 pm by David Stringer | Last modified 10/08/2009 2:45 am by David Stringer | 1034 views | 4 replies |

David StringerBeta Tester

Go Advanced Option

Being a bit thick here, but how would I use the Go Advanced option in this forum? I've tried by clicking on Quote or Post Reply, in which case the Go Advanced button has disappeared. I then try to click on the Go Advanced button first and am told to click on a quick reply button. Having done this I lose any option to Go Advanced.

I just see that some people are able to display code in their proper display areas and would like the same facility, please!

I see that according to the posting rules below that I am not allowed to post attachments, although I have already done so in other threads.

Am I missing something?

Sign in to reply to this post

Anna Robinson

I looked this up in the vBulletin manual and I think all Go Advanced does is take you to the regular "post reply" screen. So you can click on "Quick Reply" within a post to activate the quick reply text field if you want to just stay on the page and reply. Or you can hit post reply to go to the regular reply page. Go advanced is a way of going to the regular reply page from the quick reply box. If you know something else on the topic, please let me know because I had to research just to learn that much.

I did, however, activate allowance of html code and attachments in the forum, which I think should fix the other issues. The permissions are per usergroup, per forum, so it is a bit cumbersome and we sometimes cut off permissions simply by accident setting up new forums. Just let me know if there are setting problems; I try to fix them within the day.

Originally Said By: Anna Robinson
  I looked this up in the vBulletin manual and I think all Go Advanced does is take you to the regular "post reply" screen. So you can click on "Quick Reply" within a post to activate the quick reply text field if you want to just stay on the page and reply. Or you can hit post reply to go to the regular reply page. Go advanced is a way of going to the regular reply page from the quick reply box. If you know something else on the topic, please let me know because I had to research just to learn that much.

I did, however, activate allowance of html code and attachments in the forum, which I think should fix the other issues. The permissions are per usergroup, per forum, so it is a bit cumbersome and we sometimes cut off permissions simply by accident setting up new forums. Just let me know if there are setting problems; I try to fix them within the day.  

Hi Anna,

Thank you. I have noticed in other parts of the forum where contributors have been able to put their code inside either html or php coding in a separate scrolling window. I cannot see this facility on my offering.

I see at the moment in the Posting Rules that
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
but, the only one that doesn't have link properties is the html link, although it does say that it is ON.

Justin Nemeth

That is BB Code you can use to format the code in separate. You can wrap the code in (code) or (php) tags - replace the () with []

-justin

Originally Said By: Justin Nemeth
  That is BB Code you can use to format the code in separate. You can wrap the code in (code) or (php) tags - replace the () with []

-justin  

Super! Thanks very much, Justin. I should have investigated further, but didn't wish to break anything!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...