close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

insert content page is blank

Thread began 10/02/2009 12:21 pm by sandy259886 | Last modified 12/31/2009 11:43 am by Eric Mittman | 3084 views | 7 replies |

sandy259886

insert content page is blank

I have all files loaded into CMS folder. I login and get the main page ... then, if I click on Insert Content or View/Edit Content tabs, it returns a blank page. My global file looks like this:
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://www.unicoi.tn.us/" ; //Absolute path to your site folder.
$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "Town of Unicoi" ;

$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/unicoi_cms/"; //relative path to your PowerCMS files on your local testing server.
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/CMS/"; //relative path to your PowerCMS files on your remote server.

//iRite Images upload settings
$WAGLOBAL_Images_Folder = "/images/"; //relative path to your images folder.
$WAGLOBAL_Swf_Folder = "/swf/"; //relative path to your swf folder.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

where the pages are stored in the cms directory, the root url you are using is not correct, it should be:
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://www.unicoi.tn.us/CMS"

When a php is displaying blank, it means a PHP error has occurred, to see the error to troubleshoot the problem, add the following to line 1 of the pages that are not displaying:
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

once we know the error, we can begin diagnosing the problem.

merlin28086

the error message

It has to do with the database

Notice: Undefined variable: database_localhost in /home/virtual/site144/fst/var/www/html/CMS/admin/contents_insert.php on line 54

Notice: Undefined variable: localhost in /home/virtual/site144/fst/var/www/html/CMS/admin/contents_insert.php on line 54

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/virtual/site144/fst/var/www/html/CMS/admin/contents_insert.php on line 54

Notice: Undefined variable: localhost in /home/virtual/site144/fst/var/www/html/CMS/admin/contents_insert.php on line 56

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/virtual/site144/fst/var/www/html/CMS/admin/contents_insert.php on line 56

merlin28086

I fixed it!

My connection file was messed up. I kept working with it and got it working! THANKS!

slyancy360484

PowerCMS Admin Login Error

I login and get the statement “You are logged in view and edit content.” When I click on the view and edit content link, it returns the following error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_ed15cec02a19e76d77ae041c1edc7557, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web039/b398/ipw.slyancy/public_html/CMS/WADbSearch/HelperPHP.php on line 11

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web039/b398/ipw.slyancy/public_html/CMS/admin/contents_results.php:6) in /hermes/bosweb/web039/b398/ipw.slyancy/public_html/CMS/WADbSearch/HelperPHP.php on line 11

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web039/b398/ipw.slyancy/public_html/CMS/admin/contents_results.php:6) in /hermes/bosweb/web039/b398/ipw.slyancy/public_html/CMS/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 67

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_ed15cec02a19e76d77ae041c1edc7557, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

Eric Mittman

The error messages you are getting seem to be all the same issue. It appears that the last error you are getting is the one that lets you know why the others are occurring:

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

This means that in your PHP setup the session save path is either not specified correctly or you do not have permissions to read and write to this location. Based on the first message it would seem that the location does not exist. If you admin the server you should check this setting in the ini file to ensure that it is set to the correct location and that the location exists on the server.

If you are not the admin you should contact your host to ask them to look into this for you. Anyone who is administering the php part of the server should know what these errors are and be able to help you get past them.

slyancy360484

Thanks

The hosting company corrected the server error. Thanks for your assistance!

Eric Mittman

That is great to hear, what is the hosting company you are using? There are always others looking for good recommendations for hosting and it seems your host was helpful in getting the issue resolved for you, many hosts out there are not as helpful.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...