close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Process orders via email without Payment G8Way

Thread began 9/30/2009 4:03 am by john275907 | Last modified 10/01/2009 6:08 pm by Eric Mittman | 1911 views | 5 replies |

john275907

Process orders via email without Payment G8Way

OK - I was looking thru the forum for hints on how to setup eCart to process orders without a Payment gateway. Found some good posts and also discovered the post about the 4.5.1 dot release. Installed that and started to work thru the suggested process of using the Checkout Wizard and selecting PayPal Payments Pro then start making the required edits.

Thing is, I cant get thru the wizard. I have done this same thing 12 months ago on another project and with an earlier version of eCart - No probs - but did it the hard way.

Right now though, I have copied the same order summary and details tables from the previous project and when I get to the point in the wizard where I need to select the orders summary table the Table field and ID field in the wizard are greyed out indicating that there are no tables available. The correct Connection is displayed though.

My tables are called orderdetails_det, orders_ord and orderstatus_sta. I seem to recall reading somewhere else that table names with an underscore may be a problem. Anyone got any suggestions ?
Many thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

As a quick test try copying the tables and rename the copies to exclude the underscore. When you run through the wizard again if the underscores were the problem you should be able to select you new tables. Post back with what you find.

john275907

Change Table names to not include an underscore

Eric
Thanks for the suggestion. It made no difference. I am applying the eCart Checkout Wizard on a display Cart page that was created using 4.5.0.

I get to the step where I setup the Store Order Summary in Database and it is here that I can see the Connection but cant select any database tables.

The following steps were taken to get to this point.
In the first step of the wizard I selected Paypal Website Payments Pro - US and select No for Shipping services.

In the Taxes step to create a tax rule I have checked the box for No thanks, I'll handle tax calculations myself and have not checked the Include shipping in cart..... option.

The next step is where I enter Payment Provided Account details. Since I will not be using a Payment Gateway, but will be emailing the order details to the seller, I have simply entered merchantName, merchantPassword and merchantSignature into the 3 fields.

The following field is skipped since I dont want to add PayPal Express Checkout.

Hope this helps.

Eric Mittman

One nice thing about the eCart server behaviors for the Store Order Summary and Store Order Details is that they can be applied stand alone on your confirm page after the fact if need be.

I think that you should be able to select the tables from the connection within the checkout wizard though. As one more test of this please try the following.

On a new blank page create a recordset, in the recordset interface check on the connection and click the test button, it should tell you the connection is good. Then back in the recordset interface select a table from the connection and click on the test button here. It should display the records from the table. Once you have done this you can cancel out of the recordset interface and then try to immediately use the checkout wizard.

I have seen an issue in the past where a use was having a similar problem with another tool and just opening these interfaces and testing the connection and recordset allowed them to proceed in the wizard. Please post back and let us know if this solves the problem or if it persists and we can try something else.

john275907

Checkout Wizard fails to display order tables

Thanks for the suggestion Eric. That also failed. My next step is to uninstall 4.5.1 and re-install 4.5.0 and try again. If that fails I will have to do it the long and hard way - manually unless you think I should submit a ticket.
Regards,

Eric Mittman

I will submit a ticket for this so that we can exchange some files privately. When you update the ticket make sure to include your WA_eCart folder, and any pages you have crafted for the store. Also make sure you post a copy of your db. This will help me to determine if there is some issue with the version of eCart and your db or it is might be something else.

To update your ticket login to the site and visit your support history.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...